I guess that means no Jolla order processing progress update then? Back to regularly scheduled talk about elves and booze. Never mind Jolla order tracking.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ milano
In fact we are all here to have fun with the elves, the phone will not matter.

looks like only one batch of 400 or so was sent and nothing! empty promises that they are constantly shipping however no one is reporting to get a tracking number!

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kpblxa View Post
looks like only one batch of 400 or so was sent and nothing! empty promises that they are constantly shipping however no one is reporting to get a tracking number!
Have you actually checked if FedEx picks up shipments or delivers to final destinations on weekends? I don't know the answer but I doubt FedEx does that. People here have reported that even FedEx customer service doesn't work at weekends.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
I do believe Jolla is processing (at least on some capacity) shipments over the weekend, but shipping companies may not receive them until the week.

Many of the doubting reactions could be curbed by actually providing information. Say, very brief status updates on how many Jollas were readied for shipping today and how many are left to go. That kind of stuff. Two minutes on Twitter. Silence or vague PR just breeds more doubt, because there is an info void to be filled.

In addition to improving communications, I think it will be really crucial for Jolla to get the pre-orders to everyone by Christmas to return a little bit of the trust lost now. But improving communications would be the easy place to start.

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by att View Post
Have you actually checked if FedEx picks up shipments or delivers to final destinations on weekends? I don't know the answer but I doubt FedEx does that. People here have reported that even FedEx customer service doesn't work at weekends.
Firstly, FedEx pick up and deliver every day except Sundays(I'm guessing that Jolla are using the EuroOne service)
Secondly, it isn't relevant. There has been no evidence of any phones being moved from picking into shipping since Thursday.

I'ver directly raised this in several of Jolla's communication 'channels' (Facebook and Twitter), and have had no response whatsoever - not a "we understand your concerns" platitude, and certainly not a "No, everything is alright".

I had had a little of my faith restored a few days ago. Now it is quickly eroding again.

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Secondly, it isn't relevant. There has been no evidence of any phones being moved from picking into shipping since Thursday.
omg. one working* day.

Last edited by low; 2013-12-15 at 23:45. Reason: (as in: apparently nobody in Finland is working really on a Saturday)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to low For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by low View Post
omg. one working* day

*apparently nobody in Finland is working really on a Saturday.
As I already pointed out, FedEx do work Saturdays, and Jolla certainly said they themselves were. So that's at least 2 days without shipments (and I'd sadly have to suggest, given the pattern shown by the tracking spreadsheet, that the few Thursday shipping notifications were in fact Wednesday notification's that happened to get sent after midnight, which really means 3 days without any actual shipments) In the wake of admitting that there has been a delivery problem you might also have thought that Jolla would be trying to ensure that shipments went out every day, so it is worrying to see signs of what appears to be a new delivery problem - and I can't find any other reason why only approx 400 shipping notifications have gone out in a week - that Jolla are not talking about.

Even if they fix this on Monday, if the shipping rate remains 400 per day they are not going to hit the 200004xxx range for 10 days ...

Last edited by strongm; 2013-12-16 at 00:37. Reason: minor clarification

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
So, it's monday morning, my Jolla has been "in Picking" since Thursday morning (I was in the "second batch" to get the in Picking status) and no tracking code so far. I really hope Jolla manages to ship a whole lot of phones today, since with every day they don't it gets more and more unlikely that many of us will get their phones before christmas / this year.

Btw. this week is the 4th week after my paymnet, so Jolla has to deliver this week if they want to meet their 3-4 weeks delivery estimate.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
https://twitter.com/cybette/status/4...243264/photo/1

Let's hope that Santa will bring Jollas , if FedEx fails. Santa Claus has best logistics, one man and reindeers and millions of visits on same day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post: