Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Sigh... can we quit the whining? I can undestand if people coplain January 1st, but otherwise Jolla said 3-4 weeks and then they informed "in December". We are kind of half way through it, so just be patient.
Who are you to call people whining? Jolla already failed to respect the priority order. People being concerned and asking for more specific information to alleviate their concerns on the shipping process is not whining. Simply because you are content does not mean everyone else should follow your specs on when and how to express their concerns.

As for the 3-4 weeks, for most people 4 weeks comes up during the Christmas break, and two business days after it the latest for probably a very small minority that paid the last possible day. So I can understand some anxiety when Christmas is only 4 business days away and status stands at Paid. We are well past the middle of 3-4 weeks for most people.

Has anybody transitioned from Paid to something else recently? Or has anybody received their Jolla and wasn't expecting it? That's the kind of things to post in this thread.
Sure, that is useful too. I'm sure people will post when something happens, but it hasn't happened much recently it seems. In the meanwhile, my opinion is other kinds of information is needed as well - seeing as Jolla is apparently not going to provide that info to us.

FWIW, I want Jolla to deliver my phone through my chimney using Santa as a courier, on the 24th at midnight. And that's exactly at midnight. They can help themselves to milk and biscuits.
Hey a logical fallacy veiled in sarcasm!

By the way, I don't think they've run out of Jollas. I think their issue is shipping throughput. I remain hopeful that they can ship all before Christmas.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
Originally they promised the Limited Other Halves to be send separately at later time, so I was actually surprised that they started to deliver the Limited Other Halves with the phones.
This is true. However, it would have been one thing to send all LE The Other Halves in one go. Now that most have gotten them in their shipment and only some haven't, it seems a little strange and slightly uncomfortable because those who get them later really weren't in the same dinghy than those did get them earlier.

I mean, it wouldn't matter at all normally, but they did make big hay about "The First Ones". That kind of looses it luster later.

The Following User Says Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Rome,IT
Communication is not copying and pasting from the FAQ ...
Business is business and they have plenty of room to improve on that ...

Sigh... can we quit the whining, please? I can undestand if people coplain January 1st, but otherwise Jolla said 3-4 weeks and then they informed "in December". We are kind of half way through it, so just be patient.

Has anybody transitioned from Paid to something else recently? Or has anybody received their Jolla and wasn't expecting it? That's the kind of things to post in this thread.

FWIW, I want Jolla to deliver my phone through my chimney using Santa as a courier, on the 24th at midnight. And that's exactly at midnight. They can help themselves to milk and biscuits.

EDIT: added please

The Following User Says Thank You to premnas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berlin/Germany
Received my phone a few hours ago.
#2..1620, Germany

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to v2px For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
There is the venting thread if people want to relieve their feelings.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91987

Last edited by att; 2013-12-17 at 10:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Sigh... can we quit the whining, please? I can undestand if people coplain January 1st, but otherwise Jolla said 3-4 weeks and then they informed "in December". We are kind of half way through it, so just be patient.
No, that is simply not true.
I ordered just in time to get Jolla by December 24th (the end of the 4th week). At least for me, it is huge difference between getting it on December 24rd or sooner and December 25th or later.

The only reason why I have ordered it now (despite some financial difficulties) was to get it for Christmas - otherwise I would do it sometimes in the Spring.

The 'end of December' deadline was announced _after_ I ordered. Knowing the Christmas delivery rush, it makes sense to expect Jolla sent by, say, Thursday, so no, we are not halfway through.

I know it was a risky bet, but I don't think there's anything wrong about expecting the conditions of the order to be fulfilled. So, please, stop with this 'you guys are just whining' attitude (nothing personal against you ggabriel, I mean this in general).
I respect Jolla for what they are doing and I believe in them. What is beyond my mind is why there are so many people trying to silence those who just expect to get the product they ordered in the originally announced timeline...

Exclaimer: I see no point in posting in a sarcastic 'venting' thread. I am just reacting to the post above.

Last edited by nodevel; 2013-12-17 at 10:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
This is true. However, it would have been one thing to send all LE The Other Halves in one go. Now that most have gotten them in their shipment and only some haven't, it seems a little strange and slightly uncomfortable because those who get them later really weren't in the same dinghy than those did get them earlier.

I mean, it wouldn't matter at all normally, but they did make big hay about "The First Ones". That kind of looses it luster later.
I see it simply as business decision to save in shipping costs

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Thanks for everyone updating the spreadsheet

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Who are you to call people whining?
I'm nobody, and I'm sorry if I offended you. Whining, complaining, relieving feelings, potatoes, tomatoes. However, I do want to keep this thread on topic. Go to the venting thread to express your feelings.

Anyway, got tired of this (like others I believe). So I'll hang up on the thread+spreadsheet.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by premnas View Post
Business is business and they have plenty of room to improve on that ...
Mostly dissapointing because I got the impression that they wanted act and run the thing like a seriously taken business. Turns out that its much more like a Freerunner club for Linux phones run by volunteers, apert from corporate style communications where problems dont exist until customers find about them themselves.

Which is fine I guess, just not what I expected.