Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Is there other mbience for white other half and the first half.?
I only got preinstalled 9 ambience, remove and re put the other half nil help, it said other half ambience is in use

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
The Jolla phone boots very fast, gotta love systemd , but maybe some animated boot splash image would make it feel even faster.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
does that built in google account let us do voice call to google users? Or to phone number

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
The Jolla phone boots very fast, gotta love systemd , but maybe some animated boot splash image would make it feel even faster.
My N9 currently has an uptime of 134 days. While I doubt the Jolla will soon get to that number because of updates, I expect it to reboot not very often. So, what's the point of having fast boot times?..

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
My N9 currently has an uptime of 134 days. While I doubt the Jolla will soon get to that number because of updates, I expect it to reboot not very often. So, what's the point of having fast boot times?..
For example, when your plane has just landed and you are waiting to make that important phonecall. Nothing beats my trusty old 6310i in that situation, though.

But that need to shut down might be history soon.

Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
And btrfs works without need for additional trics both in Jolla and can be also used for copy/paste in Windows? How to format it in the device?
Do not use btrfs until you know what you are doing, btrfs is still supported only by linux not Windows.

Actually, you need additional trick to get your Jolla to mount btrfs -formatted sdcard - check this:

http://forum.jollausers.com/sailfish...mated-sd-card/

Originally Posted by sconf View Post
For example, when your plane has just landed and you are waiting to make that important phonecall. Nothing beats my trusty old 6310i in that situation, though.

But that need to shut down might be history soon.

Have the phone in airplane mode? That way no need to switch off...

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
I always power off my phone, just like I power off other devices that I don't need.

I believe Jolla & HTC One (since Sense 5.5 update) are now the only flagship smartphones that have an alarm clock that works also when the phone is powered off. This requires an RTC with alarm function and ability to boot the device. Great to see that despite losing Nokia's hardware, Jolla is keeping the legacy of great phones alive.

Last edited by hana; 2014-01-01 at 13:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyway to play .MKV files on jolla?

Can't get it to work. What formats can jolla handle if I have to convert. Jolla should implement a converter in their next jPhone ll if the can't play it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Have the phone in airplane mode? That way no need to switch off...
I indeed switch to airplane mode when flying. I guess that's better than switching on the device mid-flight (or worse: when landing..) with all radios blazing.

I too switch devices off or use their standby-modes when not in use. Unless unplugging or an actual disconnecting switch from mains it still leaves a fire hazard, but they've got the energy waste pretty good under control. I'm not going to unplug my tv or pull chargers to try to save <<1W, when I'm going to use them on daily basis anyway.

Still, it's nice to see Jolla booting quickly, but it doesn't beat my (Kubuntu) pc with ssd just yet. There's room for improvement

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience