Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Zvjer View Post
Do you have time to try stripping it now? I have tried several images so far, and ended up moslo telling me he is unable to repartition and that I may be in trouble I'll try reflashing again but this time with erase option which takes time, but should be better for the phone.

Which image do you recommend flashing, anyway?
I have started to make the stripped-down version, let's see what the final size is but I am quite confident I can get it smaller than 8M

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot!
P.S. I have tried several more firmware versions with erase option but none repartitioned my phone for this task.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It depends what you want to do? Do you want to update to using the normal (6 bootable-OS version) of ubiboot from your current sailfish-only ubiboot?

In that case, you need not flash the ubiboot kernel, since the kernel is same on both versions. Instead, you need to replace your ubiboot-02.035_SF_v1.cpio with the CPIO file for normal ubiboot, and also edit your ubiboot.conf accordingly.
What ? ..how to edit the ubiboot.conf .. And what to edit in it can't I just replace it with anothet one !

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Ta76eem View Post
What ? ..how to edit the ubiboot.conf .. And what to edit in it can't I just replace it with anothet one !
It is a text file in your MyDocs/boot, you can edit it with any text editor. Why you cannot easily just replace it with readymade file is because you need to tune it with your own configuration...

I fon't understand in these stuff

How to uninstall/remove ubiboot .. ?? And re-install it ... is it easier ??

Originally Posted by Ta76eem View Post
I fon't understand in these stuff

How to uninstall/remove ubiboot .. ?? And re-install it ... is it easier ??
To uninstall, just flash a regular open mode kernel (like l2fixed or Nitdroid kernel) to the device.
Once you have a normal kernel on MTD2 your device will no longer use ubiboot

then I can install ubiboot-02.. Normally ??

Released ubiboot-02 (integrated) version, rev. 0.3.6. minimal

New features:
Not really, just a stripped-down version to fit into 8M kernel partition
Bug fixes:
N/A
General enhancements:
N/A
Work in progress:
N/A
Get it fresh from HERE
See the README file

Installation notes:
This version is compatible with 0.3.5, but not older versions.

The files are also uploaded at Skeiron, for your convenience: http://juiceme.cloud-7.de/ubiboot/ub...2-small_060114

Last edited by juiceme; 2014-01-09 at 12:25. Reason: Changed paths

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
If flashing with "--no-preserve" does not cure it, then it is very problematic
Just to confirm Zvjer's experience, flashing with --no-preserve did not set the MTD partition size to 16M for me either. Thanks for looking into a tiny-ubiboot version.

The Following User Says Thank You to fejd For This Useful Post:
Confirmed that the small ubiboot fits into the 8MB kernel partition - ubiboot loads fine and Nitdroid and Harmattan boots! Thanks a lot Now on to loading the device with Sailfish..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fejd For This Useful Post: