Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Germany
Guys, I still have this problem (see my post #11). It is now very frequent, happens almost all the time. I have tried to improve the contact of the SIM card and the card holder inside its tray by adding some tape and a pice of paper. But I believe the problem lies somewhere else. This complete loss of connection happens both in 3G and in WLAN mode, but only the 3G connection gets lost. It completeley loses the reception (no bars on the display), then a minute later it asks for the PIN. Once I enter the PIN, the GSM connection comes back. But then very soon again the same problem happens again.

Any ideas anybody?

Last edited by Spaceman75; 2014-02-25 at 20:19.

*bump*

Anyone?

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
How about a new sim card?
Maybe it is faulty...

Maybe even try one from another operator ...

Last edited by mcbook; 2014-02-27 at 16:42.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have actually just ordered a new SIM from my provider. Should arrive in 1-2 days. I will report if this solves the problem

I don't expect that it is the provider's fault, because I didn't have the problem from the very beginning. It just started a few months ago, without me changing the provider or SIM.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
My experience, same problem years before with my E71.
I had 2 non name batteries. It seems that there dont give enough energy. With these charged no name Battery, the E71 says at startup SIM-Error.
Original Battery always works fine, even now as my beloved backup phone.

Maybe its an Battery problem? Old Phone with bad battery capacity?

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Originally Posted by Spaceman75 View Post
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have actually just ordered a new SIM from my provider. Should arrive in 1-2 days. I will report if this solves the problem

I don't expect that it is the provider's fault, because I didn't have the problem from the very beginning. It just started a few months ago, without me changing the provider or SIM.
well, I had a similar problem once and it turned out to be the operator's fault.... (or in a sense it was my own)

Some parameters on my SIM card hadn't been updated correctly because I was abroad (in Munich actually )

Keep us in the loop if it works with the new SIM...

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris
Originally Posted by Spaceman75 View Post
(...)But then very soon again the same problem happens again.

Any ideas anybody?
I experience this too, at least once a day. It's *very* frustrating, bordering on anxiety.

I put my (two!) mighty N900s to rest and forked out big bucks to get out of this "no SIM" deadzone, now look at me

So, I got a new SIM card, but the problem is still there, unchanged. It's definitely an issue of the phone.

I wonder if it is maybe linked to the problem reported here.

But I do believe it to be a HW problem. I had similar issues with my N900 (see this thread). Finally had to give up on it and bought the N9. And now the same frustration, in less than an year after the purchase.

I have to say that I am done with Nokia. It really makes me sad because I loved both the N900 and the N9. But it is just too much frustration. I will probably send it in to Nokia Service (if there is still a service), because the phone is still under warranty. But I do not expect to get much support. Maybe a Nokia Windows device as a replacement. Will then sell that on Ebay.

I am going to buy an Android phone now. And maybe some day, I will install Sailfish on it.