Posts: 57 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Could be possible to add the "Installation Guide" into the Description section of the app in Harbour ?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pizzulicchio View Post
Could be possible to add the "Installation Guide" into the Description section of the app in Harbour ?
Yes, I have added link to first post in this thread to openrepos. Good suggestion

A little update
I found a screencaptur program, that does work. It has an issue with the screenshot being tinted red.
It is quite easy to install, and use.

You will need to edit:
/usr/share/prey/modules/session/platform/linux/functions

to this

Code:
get_screenshot() {
 run_as_current_user "/usr/bin/fbgrab $session__screenshot"
}
the code is here: https://code.google.com/p/fbcat/

EDIT: I have created an rpm file on my openrepos.

EDIT: Updated version of prey on openrepos, to include fbcat to enable this - still buggy - feature. I believe its useful, even if the screenshot has a reddish teing to it.

Last edited by nieldk; 2014-03-06 at 13:49.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Why don't you use dbus to take a screenshot?

Code:
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=org.nemomobile.lipstick /org/nemomobile/lipstick/screenshot org.nemomobile.lipstick.saveScreenshot  string:/home/nemo/Pictures/screenshot_tmp.png

Originally Posted by EmaNymton View Post

Code:
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=org.nemomobile.lipstick /org/nemomobile/lipstick/screenshot org.nemomobile.lipstick.saveScreenshot  string:/home/nemo/Pictures/screenshot_tmp.png
Simply because I couldnt get that to work
I did try it

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Toulouse, France
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
its on their github
https://github.com/prey/prey-standalone-control-panel
I installed it on my server as explained on the readme and it works but for production, I'd like to use apache2 with a NameVirtualHost.

However I didn't manage to configure everything correctly for ruby on rails and prey control panel. If anybody did, it would be great to share the howto

Originally Posted by EmaNymton View Post

Code:
You will need something like this for this to work (doesnt work though)

Code:

get_screenshot() {
 eval `dbus-launch --sh-syntax`
 run_as_current_user "dbus-send --address=$DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS --type=method_call --dest=org.nemomobile.lipstick
/org/nemomobile/lipstick/screenshot org.nemomobile.lipstick.saveScreenshot string:$session__screenshot"
# run_as_current_user "/usr/bin/fbgrab $session__screenshot"
}

New update out:
Alarm sounds is now working (using gst-launch-0.10 with ffmpeg plugin)

Also, prey.service and prey.timer files are created automatically, and enabled/started by the rpm script.

Last edited by nieldk; 2014-03-07 at 20:19.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Florence, Italy
After the update to 1.0.4.20 all the configs of Prey has gone...

No more files into :
/etc/systemd/system

and no prey's script into :
/usr/share/prey/

I hope in the future that the jolla team will improve the OS update in a better way...
Every new OS it's, at the moment, a new beginning! :-)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, PREY is not your normal "userland application", it is more a feature of the OS, so no wonder it is run over when core OS is updated

That will happen in the future again, too, unless Prey is made into integral part of the OS...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: