Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
no no

only edit then resize to 75% then saving the pictures after that send it and it works

and am usnig the stock camera not anything else

also any other image not taken by n900 camera is the same issue i have to resize them then send them no converting or what so ever my friend

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
no no

only edit then resize to 75% then saving the pictures after that send it and it works

and am usnig the stock camera not anything else

also any other image not taken by n900 camera is the same issue i have to resize them then send them no converting or what so ever my friend
Weird. But like I said, nobody else has this problem, just you.

If it gets stuck in "Please wait this can take several minutes" means the upload finished and Yappari is waiting for WhatsApp to validate the image as a valid image. Eventually WhatsApp will say something, either an error or a successful transfer message.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Weird. But like I said, nobody else has this problem, just you.

If it gets stuck in "Please wait this can take several minutes" means the upload finished and Yappari is waiting for WhatsApp to validate the image as a valid image. Eventually WhatsApp will say something, either an error or a successful transfer message.
it dosen't say anything only stuck at this message till i edit and resize and then it sends works fine so really strange heheheheh

hte picture is taking from n900 in jpg extention when i try to send it it says please wait ....... and nothing happen

until i resize it to 75 % and send the new resized one again it sends with no notification got it !

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
@salahkhani, are you using gprs connection when trying to send original photos taken by N900?
I tried sending original photo from N900 camera when I was connected to gprs once, but it failed.
I suspect it was because the photo was several hundred KBs and gprs connection not reliable enough for sending it.
Anyway, you should resize your photos before send it on whatsapp, because I don't think your friend will be happy if you always send pictures > 100KB.

The Following User Says Thank You to sLumPia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
A solution for GPRS guys,
maybe yappari must convert them before it send, like convert image into smaller size b4 sending or conver song into smaller size some with the help of built in codes like "lame --mp3input -b 128 input.mp3 output.mp3" benefits'd be low size and fast upload. sorry m just a noob

image resize can be done with package called "imagemagick" so it can be just made a build in to yappari, so whenever u gonna upload a pic then it'll conver it and gone.

Last edited by seanmcken; 2014-04-02 at 02:01.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Remember to vote!

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...appari/1.1.46/

Let's see if this one reaches Extras. Last one that reached extras repository was 1.1.41

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
@salahkhani, are you using gprs connection when trying to send original photos taken by N900?
I tried sending original photo from N900 camera when I was connected to gprs once, but it failed.
I suspect it was because the photo was several hundred KBs and gprs connection not reliable enough for sending it.
Anyway, you should resize your photos before send it on whatsapp, because I don't think your friend will be happy if you always send pictures > 100KB.
Hello Friend, no am not using gprs when i use the camera only the picture mode no gprs with it.....

I remeber there was something like a file which inhance the quality for the camera to be replaced with the original camera file in n900 system I replaced it and the pictures is better than before
could it be the reason !!!!!

thank you for update Scorpius. and one request, please add option to send multiple media files if it possible (long pressing for selection or something like that)

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I use gprs (2G) mainly, and I have no problems sending photos or even videos (except it's much slower).

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp