Notices

When we are at this, fixing support problems for different codecs (hardware accel. or not) would be great. I would really like being able to use Orecchiette for recording FM radio straight to .ogg with encoding string of my choosing. Or to flac.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Fx os has no sound recorder, volume meter or chess. Nemo OS has no sound recorder, volume meter, or camera.

It should be easier to port this to Nemo as it has Qt5 available, quite close to Qt4.8. Nokia N950 has a wonderful microphone...
Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
It should be easier to port this to Nemo as it has Qt5 available, quite close to Qt4.8.
Actually, Orecchiette doesn't really depend much on Qt. (I mean, just look at how rudimentary my UI is... ) The main guts of the current app involve DBus and GStreamer, so if those elements are available, it shouldn't be too hard to port...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Yes, there are dbus and GStreamer-0.10 on Nemo for N950. Could you please port it to Nemo?
Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Yes, there are dbus and GStreamer-0.10 on Nemo for N950. Could you please port it to Nemo?
Hmm, I can give it a shot. Two immediate problems, though; I don't have a machine running Nemo, and I don't have an N9/N950 to test on. That'll make it a bit tricky...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Quick reply...
Compile -pack it, and I will test it on N950-nemo-wayland.
Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Just a note to say that Orecchiette 0.1.0 is now working its way up to extras-devel. This is another update written by Pichlo, and contains the previously mentioned dialog box for editing the filename format. Thank you!

(Also, I've gone ahead and bumped the version up from 0.0.x to 0.1.x, not for anything specific to this update, but more to indicate the app appears to be fairly usable at this point, and also because I'd like to start working on making it clean enough to submit to the Extras repository...)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Great Orecchiette!!

Is it possible to register the phone number when finished recording?

The Following User Says Thank You to mailcomx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Currently the fine name is generated at the beginning of the recording. If you want the phone number be part of the file name, then it has to be available right from the start.

Two things are currently on my todo list. One, find out how to get the phone number. Two, figure out how to make a friendly UI that would allow to specify start/end/length date/time of the recording for the file name generation. The latter sounds simple enough but I would like to have the possibility to have both in the same string, so you can have files like 2014-04-11-From_0911-To_0927. Unfortunately I am running out of letters in the %<letter> notation.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Currently the fine name is generated at the beginning of the recording. If you want the phone number be part of the file name, then it has to be available right from the start.
Well, hmm. In theory, you can get the phone number pretty close to the start; there's a dbus notification that shows up at the start of a call. But there's no guarantee that you'd be able to receive and process the notification before the audio starts happening. However, it should be possible to rename (or somehow otherwise tag) the audio file afterwards with this data. (This project really cries out for some general method of associating metadata with each audio file...)

Anyway, here's the data I've got on the dbus notifications; I'll try and get them into the oredbus.cpp file, so we can use them:

Incoming call:

bus: com.nokia.csd.Call
path: /com/nokia/csd/call/1
command: com.nokia.csd.Call.Coming

Outgoing call:

bus: com.nokia.csd.Call
path: /com/nokia/csd/call/1
command: com.nokia.csd.Call.Created

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording