Active Topics

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Just as I thought I'd never have use for MMS, I received one from my mom and it worked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miharin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Schturman as root start journalctl -a

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Hey there guys.

Got my jolla today from the service here in Finland. And it looks like they have found a way too the random reboot problem. I saw some guys just use electric tape to tape the botom of the battery. But they did have some sort of soft plastic at the top in the case of battery. Under the sim card holder. It's super tight now! Hope this will prevent the reboots.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jumojn For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by jumojn View Post
Hey there guys.

Got my jolla today from the service here in Finland. And it looks like they have found a way too the random reboot problem. I saw some guys just use electric tape to tape the botom of the battery. But they did have some sort of soft plastic at the top in the case of battery. Under the sim card holder. It's super tight now! Hope this will prevent the reboots.
can you take some pictures of it?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
So does that mean, that there is a hardware design flaw with the battery being too loose causing all these reboots?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
So does that mean, that there is a hardware design flaw with the battery being too loose causing all these reboots?
I would not be surprised at that, it is a lot harder to design mechanical HW parts that fit nicely together than doing the same with SW

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Or it is rather a manufacturing flaw of the battery whose dimension can vary a lot.

I do not have such problems, my battery fits tight.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
I have 2 devices (because the screen of the first one broke), hence also two batteries and i switch them often, when one is empty.

Both are extremely tight in all combinations, no space for a piece of paper there...
Attached Images

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
I have 2 devices (because the screen of the first one broke), hence also two batteries and i switch them often, when one is empty.

Both are extremely tight in all combinations, no space for a piece of paper there...
Same with me, hence I have never had any spontaneous reboot problems or device hangups.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
My battery was sitting tight, too, and I had the random shutdowns.
After inserting a piece of paper three days ago, I haven't had any random shutdowns since, and the battery is sitting EXTREMELY tight now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: