Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
After about 15 years of Nokia!!!! I finally deleted my Nokia Account today.
One could say that you wasted 15 years. And for what? You lost

Edit: sorry for break it to you...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-04-24 at 16:49.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Feature comparison
So?
Some stuff have only MS Office, some stuff only Openoffice.

Also 95% all of Office Users only use 5 % of there features.

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
What is wrong for office alternative in Openoffice/Libreoffice?
There is nothing wrong with them. What is wrong is Microshaft doing their best to prevent interoperability between their own office suite and FOSS alternatives by creating their own document 'standards'. This makes it difficult for people who would like to use those FOSS alternatives when creating/editing documents that will also be viewed/edited in Microshaft Office, which is what most large organisations still use.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
Feature comparison
Exactly

It seems both suites have tons of features I never use... My normal usage pattern is to open/view/edit microsoft-format documents sent by others, and create texts and spreadsheets on LibreOffice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
What is wrong for office alternative in Openoffice/Libreoffice?
Compatibility problems. I personally use OpenOffice, just in case, but for office workers that is not an option.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
Compatibility problems. I personally use OpenOffice, just in case, but for office workers that is not an option.
I have to disagree, I work in an office.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
How about staying on topic?

Either way, I am still curious about who is backing Jolla. Part of me wants to believe that not all in the Nokia board were happy with the decision to sell and Jolla was the plan B.

Jolla now has 2 years to prove and establish itself and I bet come 2016 we will see the "Nokia Jolla"

Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
How about staying on topic?
Sure... but it is a sign of the topic gone out of focus when people start drifting in and out of the real issue, right?

What more can you say about it, really?
Since NMP went WP, I have to say I just lost all intrest in the topic.
I only come back to this topic to try to correct people when somebody assets some silly notions of Nokia being sold to Microsoft, when it was all the time just about Devices&Services (ex-NMP).

Either way, I am still curious about who is backing Jolla. Part of me wants to believe that not all in the Nokia board were happy with the decision to sell and Jolla was the plan B.
No.

Jolla now has 2 years to prove and establish itself and I bet come 2016 we will see the "Nokia Jolla"
No.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Nokia certainly isn't backing Jolla and has nothing to do with Jolla. Apart from the small investment that was part of Nokia's lay off progam given to sacked employees.

Last month (source) Jolla was owned by::

Steven Lau (20,9%) <- Hong Kong/Chinese tycoon who made his fortune by importing Nokia phones to the chinese in the 90's.
Sami Pienmäki (17,3%)
Stefano Mosconi (16,4%)
Marc Dillon (16,4 %)
Jolly Boat (2,6%) <- fund for non-founder Jolla employees
Other investors all <3%

Hopefully Nokia doens't get in any way involved with Jolla and screw it up.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
So who owns the missing 25%?
What about Antii Saarnio? Does he also has a stake of 17.3%?

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Last month (source) Jolla was owned by::

Steven Lau (20,9%) <- Hong Kong/Chinese tycoon who made his fortune by importing Nokia phones to the chinese in the 90's.
Sami Pienmäki (17,3%)
Stefano Mosconi (16,4%)
Marc Dillon (16,4 %)
Jolly Boat (2,6%) <- fund for non-founder Jolla employees
Other investors all <3%

Tags
espionage, trojan man