Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There's a SW called "NaviFirmEx.exe" that you can use to find details of different firmwares for Nokia devices. (not just N9, also symbian)

Unfortunately it is a windows-only program, which makes it a bit difficult to use for me as I do not use/have any Windows computers, but the bright side is that it runs quite well with Wine
I know about Navifirm. But once I list all the N9 FWs, is there a way to find out which one is PR_468 short of checking each one out individually? Thanks for helping.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by aiyush View Post
I know about Navifirm. But once I list all the N9 FWs, is there a way to find out which one is PR_468 short of checking each one out individually? Thanks for helping.
I am a quick reader

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I got some help with flashing my phone and I got the N9 to be recognized then ran the following to reset the lock code:

C:\>winflasher_3.12.1.exe -f -F c:\DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_005-OE
M1-958_ARM.bin

Then the nokia and usb icons went away on the phone and the CMD window looks like this:

flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 6 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may res
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

Found device RM-696, hardware revision 1603
NOLO version 2.3.6
Version of 'sw-release': DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_005
Sending ape-algo image (7096 kB)...
100% (7096 of 7096 kB, avg. 29084 kB/s)

It's just sitting there with a blinking cursor, no directory. Been that way for about 30min now. Did I do something wrong? I scared to touch anything. According to someone else I may have ran the wrong command is this is true how can I remedy this?

okay I finally got through the process with no errors. however, when my phone rebooted it is still asking me for a lock code. What happened, what did I not do?

C:\>flasher -f -F c:\DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_005-OEM1-958_ARM.bin
-F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.SEAP_EMMC_SEAP.bin

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by dekelley1 View Post
okay I finally got through the process with no errors. however, when my phone rebooted it is still asking me for a lock code. What happened, what did I not do?

C:\>flasher -f -F c:\DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_005-OEM1-958_ARM.bin
-F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.SEAP_EMMC_SEAP.bin
To remove the lock code you need to totally wipe the device. (So make sure there's nothing you forgot to backup before doing so...)

If you still have stuff on the device you want to get out, boot it first to MOSLO or ubiboot maintanance console and make backups.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
To remove the lock code you need to totally wipe the device. (So make sure there's nothing you forgot to backup before doing so...)

If you still have stuff on the device you want to get out, boot it first to MOSLO or ubiboot maintanance console and make backups.
Hey juiceme, do you think you can update the sticky to clairify that the tags are actually part of the syntax and not just a description, that was my problem this whole time. I'm new to the CMD line and work with cisco devices, so when I saw the -- I immediately thought they were just describing what the command does.

Originally Posted by dekelley1 View Post
Hey juiceme, do you think you can update the sticky to clairify that the tags are actually part of the syntax and not just a description, that was my problem this whole time. I'm new to the CMD line and work with cisco devices, so when I saw the -- I immediately thought they were just describing what the command does.
Unfortunately this topic's been started by @itsnotabigtruck and he's left TMO for good I think, he was last seen here over 1.5 years ago. (Maybe something's happened to him?)

Only the creator of a posting and moderators can edit postings.

I downloaded Navi plus but it seems I cant use it without donating money. I would have donated but my country ( Zimbabwe) doesn't have online payments. how can I use go ahead without donating? i need to flash my phone

Originally Posted by Arthur1010 View Post
I downloaded Navi plus but it seems I cant use it without donating money. I would have donated but my country ( Zimbabwe) doesn't have online payments. how can I use go ahead without donating? i need to flash my phone
What's the difference between NaviFirm plus and NaviFirmEx, then?
At least NaviFirmEx works without any grants AFAIK, so you might want to try that...?

Hello to all members!
Is there any other way to figure out the appropriate product code
if the code printed on sim tray is missing?
Thank you.

Tags
flashing, nokia n9