Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I have just seen that there is another panel to manage contacts with the option to add them. So I suppose that only the contacts (and groups) I already sent with Yappari have been synchronized.

Well, I can breath calmly now XD

Thank you a lot, scpecially to Coderus. That function is great!

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@malkavian swipe to Contacts page -> menu -> Add contacts -> select contacts you want to add -> accept.

And you can always go to Account page in Settings menu and select Delete account option. It will remove your account data from whatsapp server, removing all your synchronized contacts from server and kick you from all groups you participating. At the end your registration token will be destroyed and new registration will be required.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
It will remove your account data from whatsapp server, removing all your synchronized contacts from server
How do you know that?

try to remove account and contact whatsapp support after a week

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
would it be possible to have a reconnect cover action?! my network is really flaky and jolla doesn't handle it very well and I often realize hours later that mitakuuluu didn't reconnect properly.

Although I hope this will be fixed with the next update...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dommau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Last time I read their privacy policy they said that your data can be retained. And also said that privacy policy could change without noticing to users, and it's assumed users accept it if they continue using the app.

Nowadays maybe it's policy says that your soul is of them.

too much paranoid, sorry. i wouldnt comment it in any way. only development and user experience questions please.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Last time I read their privacy policy they said that your data can be retained. And also said that privacy policy could change without noticing to users, and it's assumed users accept it if they continue using the app.

Nowadays maybe it's policy says that your soul is of them.
Well, if you are worried about privacy, you should forget about whatsapp altogether. The whole thing is a disaster security wise, and now that Facebook owns it situation didn't get any better. But as coderus said, this conversation does not belong here

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
coderus, it's a trapp, jolla, sailfish, whatsapp, whatscrapp