Active Topics

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@MarcAnton
No, there isn't flip to silence on Jolla. It is road-mapped though, you can vote here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...one-face-down/

But Jolla implemented a bad(for me!) call reject interaction flow which does not make sense: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-want-it-back/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
any word about proper copy and paste or do I have to create 1 million account in the togheter jolla and vote 1 million times before it happens? Just asking. Please fix jolla.

Please vote and/or comment:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...te-capability/

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-08-18 at 16:33.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
any word about proper copy and paste or do I have to create 1 million account in the togheter jolla and vote 1 million times before it happens? Just asking. Please fix jolla.
Maybe they will listen when you stop calling it jPhone ?

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
I really want to be able to interact with other apps when peeking

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Paspie View Post
First impressions on first day of ownership:

1) No USB Mass Storage support. Unfortunately we'll have to live with this due to Sailfish's file system setup (which will become more supported by Linux OSes as time goes on), but that feature would have been handy if possible.
See the first answer here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-mass-storage/

Originally Posted by Paspie View Post
2) I can't find my external SD Card's position on the file system. I believe it is supposed to be in /media but there is nothing in that folder in my case. My card is formatted FAT32 so it should be mounted without a hitch. Perhaps the destination changed again, anyone with pointers?
don't remember it exactly where it gets mounted, but check with mount. That should tell you if it is mounted and where.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Two issues: my Aloe ambience changed colour, it used to be a lot darker and it was easy to read everything. Now it's totally light and it makes reading text really hard. I can post comparison pics later... If anyone has any really good ambience pictures that are readable please share.

Second issue: my external speaker has gone silent. I sent a repair request to Jolla, I hope they answer soon.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Miharin Try tapping and squeezing Jolla at the left bottom corner(where speaker is located) when playing some music - usually helps. But you will need to send your device in for repair sooner or later.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
mine gets REALLY laggy when I open android apps now...

they occasionally freeze.. and then get a force close on them..

solution anyone?

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
You could use Crest or Lighthouse to see which process is responsible of the high CPU load.

You could also use Alien dalvik stop (on Openrepos) to see if the problem is related to an Android app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ England, UK
Well I needed a stockish wallpaper so I could show off the phone to someone, so I tried to get the TOH ambience working, as for whatever reason the phone stopped detecting it. Not having searched about how it works, I removed the NFC tag thinking that there would be some sort of PCB underneath, but to my horror there was nothing, which means I've basically destroyed the small piece that made it work at all. I put it back on the TOH and into the phone, it doesn't work of course and it will probably never work again.

This was the Keira Black OH. I could dig out my still-sealed white OH to check the NFC interface, but to be honest I can't be bothered with this sort of thing. Now that I've fussed about it at all I can now say that the whole TOH thing, when used just for ambiences, is a complete afterthought and a waste of my time. Once Funky's store is restored I'll get one of his Carbon Fiber OH's so I can forget about the whole fiasco.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience