Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Frederic Ferner, who already contributed two nice features that have been included in the latest modRana release, is now aiming at adding routing support to modRana on Sailfish OS.
That's great news!

Yep, that could very well be it. So please check if it also happens when you select files as the tile storage backend.
Just checked and it works fine with files. So it must be something with the sqlite database.

The page animations should be skipped when animations are disabled, so I'll investigate if something is wrong.
That's weird - just tried the switch in the settings and it seems to work, but the other way around - if the 'Animations' switch is active, then animations are not shown. The 'back' animation is still there, but it should be solved by adding the back button in the UI.

What about the categories? I could make a pull request if I knew what categories are available.
From the poi database, it seems like these are possible?
Code:
1|Service Station|Stations for purchasing fuel for vehicles.|1
2|Residence|Houses, apartments, or other residences of import.|1
3|Restaurant|Places to eat or drink.|1
4|Shopping/Services|Places to shop or acquire services.|1
5|Recreation|Indoor or Outdoor places to have fun.|1
6|Transportation|Bus stops, airports, train stations, etc.|1
7|Lodging|Places to stay temporarily or for the night.|1
8|School|Elementary schools, college campuses, etc.|1
9|Business|General places of business.|1
10|Landmark|General landmarks.|1
11|Other|Miscellaneous category for everything else.|1
I think there were also subcategories in the GTK version, but I might be wrong.

Thanks again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
That's weird - just tried the switch in the settings and it seems to work, but the other way around - if the 'Animations' switch is active, then animations are not shown. The 'back' animation is still there, but it should be solved by adding the back button in the UI.
Yeah, looks like there was an bug in how the animate flag was being handled, basically inverting its value on Sailfish OS. This will be fixed in the next version.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
What about the categories? I could make a pull request if I knew what categories are available.
From the poi database, it seems like these are possible?
Code:
1|Service Station|Stations for purchasing fuel for vehicles.|1
2|Residence|Houses, apartments, or other residences of import.|1
3|Restaurant|Places to eat or drink.|1
4|Shopping/Services|Places to shop or acquire services.|1
5|Recreation|Indoor or Outdoor places to have fun.|1
6|Transportation|Bus stops, airports, train stations, etc.|1
7|Lodging|Places to stay temporarily or for the night.|1
8|School|Elementary schools, college campuses, etc.|1
9|Business|General places of business.|1
10|Landmark|General landmarks.|1
11|Other|Miscellaneous category for everything else.|1
I think there were also subcategories in the GTK version, but I might be wrong.
The categories used in the GTK GUI are defined here. As for the Qt 5 GUI - I've just not got to displaying them in the GUI yet.

But the map layer selector has a pretty similar structure to the preset categories, so i I should be able to reuse it to host the categories so that they can also be used for local search in the Qt 5 GUI in the near future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
modRana 0.50.5 has been released!

The main highlight is that Sqlite tile storage now works again on Sailfish OS (and with the Qt 5 GUI in general). Also it is now possible to enable the back button on Sailfish OS and the animation switch has been fixed.

And you should no longer get stuck on black screen after clicking on a POI that has been restored on startup and then clicking on the back arrow in the GTK GUI.

Changelog
Code:
* Tue Jan 13 2015 Martin Kolman - 0.50.5
- make it possible to show the back button on Sailfish OS
 - can be enabled from Options->UI
- fix Sqlite tile storage with Qt 5 GUI
- fix the Animate switch to work correctly on Sailfish OS
- fix a few page push transitions that have not respected the animation setting in Qt 5 GUI
- fix back button in the detail menu of a POI restored on startup breaking the GTK GUI

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
POIs in modrana are from google or openstreetmap?

if using osm data, is possible to search, for example: "liquid petroleum gas fuel stations" as nodes with tag amenity=fuel and fuel:lpg=yes ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
POIs in modrana are from google or openstreetmap?
Local search currently uses Google, mostly because it supports "natural language" queries and is more tolerant to ambiguous input. This makes the preset categories easier to define and also makes it easy for users to write free form queries (the current local search mechanism used on Sailfish OS).

I investigated how to use OSM for local search last time Google broke the local search API, but then got patches for using the new API from Geoff Kuenning and went with that.

I would like to eventually add OSM based local/POI search, but it will be quite a bit more complicated than using the simple Google API - but also much more powerful! It would probably work fine with a preset list containing relevant tags for search, but free form search would be most probably limited to advanced users knowing how the OSM tags work, given how the OSM data is structured.

As for the other search options, address search is using Nominatim (so it is based on OSM data) and Wikipedia search goes over Geonames.

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
if using osm data, is possible to search, for example: "liquid petroleum gas fuel stations" as nodes with tag amenity=fuel and fuel:lpg=yes ?
Yep, the preset list could be defined like this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Map downloading for offline use isn't working for me. Sure, I can grab tiles when I have a network connection. However, if I close Modrana, turn the network connection off, and open Modrana again, it show only a "Downloading failed" message for each tile instead of the actual tile. If I look at MyDocs/.maps/, the tiles are there, it's just that Modrana won't actually display them.

I've deleted all Modrana directories and tried to start afresh, and I've also tried both tile storage as files and as a SQL database, but the same problem persists: this program just cannot be used unless a network connection is up at all times.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CRCulver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,446 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...67#post1445967

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
The advice given to that poster was to delete the directories and start from scratch. As I said, I did that, with no success. When starting up without a network connection, Modrana will still try to download tiles, and then it displays an error message for each tile instead of the tiles it has cached in the .maps folder.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CRCulver For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,446 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That poster also thought he deleted all modRana directories...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I actually did delete all directories, including ~/.modrana. No effect.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CRCulver For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps