Active Topics

Notices

Oh this is exciting How is the key mapping on the N810? Can you WASD and touchscreen the aim?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
Originally Posted by sherifnix View Post
Oh this is exciting How is the key mapping on the N810? Can you WASD and touchscreen the aim?
There are no device specific key mappings. The default is always dpad for movement, touchscreen for looking around, full screen to shoot. This is the best I could come up with on my n800 that would somewhat allow movement, shooting, and looking around all at the same time, but I just got my n810 today, and it is quite a bit more difficult to play with those on it, but I don't really know what would be any better. You can change key mappings by placing an user.cfg file in your basedir, and placing q2 bind commands there.

Great port! Thanks a lot for great work. I updated to the new version with the launcher, but the game doesn't start anymore.
It says ERROR: Game Error: Savegame from an older versio

Where is the savegame located so I could delete it?

Originally Posted by peperoni View Post
Great port! Thanks a lot for great work. I updated to the new version with the launcher, but the game doesn't start anymore.

I went to /home/user via xterm and deleted the .quake2 directory that did it for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to spirytsick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peperoni View Post

The saved game is in ~/.quake2/baseq2/save/game and the delete button in the launcher should delete that folder, but I just tested, and seems it's not actually working. I'll be replacing that with the map selection for the next version, so I won't bother even looking into that.. Also, I changed nothing from the last version in the game itsellf that I could remember, so the binary should have been identical, but I suppose I must have done something then. I should probably look into removing that error too, since I'm not changing anything that would affect saving or loading in any way.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZerionSeven For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've done some rudimentary testing. There's a big room in q2dm1 where the frame rate dips down quite a bit when you're just staring at a static scene.

Very interesting:
400x240 hovers around 15 fps
480x288 flickers between 10 and 12 fps
560x336 hovers around 9-10 fps

I was surprised by the small fps difference between the two higher resolutions, especially compared to the big difference between 400 and 480.

I've also mapped a few keys on my BT keyboard, but I'm finding it difficult to play with the keyboard and touch screen. It just seems really awkward to squiggle around on the screen to look, then use the keyboard to do everything else. I'm going to have to continue to experiment... I don't want to change basic key mappings in such a way that I break the keyboardless behaviours...

Last edited by qole; 2008-02-21 at 22:44.

Just out of curiosity, what files exactly are needed to play quake2. i have the whole q2 directory on my mem card which takes about 500mb. Can I get rid of some unneeded crap to release some space back to the mem card ?

Originally Posted by spirytsick View Post
Just out of curiosity, what files exactly are needed to play quake2. i have the whole q2 directory on my mem card which takes about 500mb. Can I get rid of some unneeded crap to release some space back to the mem card ?
For single player, only the paks are needed (pak0.pak, pak1.pak,& pak2.pak on mine, might be different for different versions of q2), for multiplayer, you might want to have the players folder too. It'll work without, but you'll get some warnings about missing images, and won't see them on the scorelist. There are also couple files in the pics folder that are needed, but those come with quetoo, and are copied into the basedir, when you set it in the launcher.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZerionSeven For This Useful Post:
Is there any way to save your game on this using the N800?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Just quit the game (with back I think) and it saves automatically.

BTW, any chance for a cheat menu ?