Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Sorry! I'm out again due to work and I don't have access to my build machine. I expect to compile cepiperez changes this weekend.

Best regards!
I saw an invariable segfault (Yappari went away, 'cept for notification icon) whilst travelling in the UK. I had connected to one of those "open" wifi APs that then needs web authentication/payment. Well, every time I started Yappari it segfaulted. Disconnect from that AP, Yappari came up just fine waiting for a connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Its Great yappari started again But One Thing When I Send Any Multimedia Like A Image It Doesnt Show as sent neither it shows in conversation screen + It cant download Anyone Profile Pic What To Do.. I cant Send Images Nor Can I download Profile Pics
And What Are The componenets Like qt and Other Stuff Required For Yappari To Work Perfectly
i have installed the latest version 2.0.5 Build 5205

Last edited by g_dragon; 2015-02-27 at 11:12.

guys i having only one pro.... about my status it's changing is own

LATEST VERSION: 2.0.5 is not available in given path. please check and do the needful.

Originally Posted by ceene View Post
Yappari is working again (2015/01/24)

Hi all

After just a couple of days, some great people have been able to update Yappari's code to work with latest Whatsapp protocol.

You don't have to thank me for this, since I haven't done anything but package those changes. Please, greatly thank cepiperez and coderus, as well as testers HtheB, incrys and deadc0de (sorry, I couldn't find your links).

Best regards

LATEST VERSION: 2.0.5
Once autobuilder finishes, package will be available at extras-devel
When package is promoted, it'll be available at extras-testing
After it is voted here, package well be available at extras.
Package is also available at an external provider here.

If you have any problem, we can only help you solve it if you provide us with a log. You can find Yappari's log messages at /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.log

Hi all!

As you may know, Yappari's coder Scorpius, has decided not to maintain Yappari anymore as of January 1st.

However, I am happy to announce that Yappari development hasn't been abandoned and that I myself I'm continuing to add new features, fix bugs and release new versions through maemo repositories.

From now on, please use this thread for new posts, and refer only to old Yappari post for information on the whole project, previous versions and questions&answers. Please read this post before continuing.

Scorpius has been very helpful and the transition is now fully done, so since yesterday you can already download latest version using Application Manager, HAM or apt-get (or links on this post).

Development is now public under Yappari's github. Please, note that only master branch is stable, final merging is realized on develop branch (send here your pull requests) and other branches (develop-*) are usually subjected to rebase, so you probably won't be able to fetch from them without deleting your local branch before. You can submit issues, patches, pull requests and whatever you feel is useful for development.

All new features are shown below on the changelog and longer explained on following posts and linked in changelog below.

yappari (2.0.5) stable; urgency=medium

* Fix registration (CODeRUS)
* Fix own status information
* Gather group ownership. This allows again to manage our groups (NerdKnight)

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Sun, 08 Feb 2015 16:26:45 +0100

yappari (2.0.4) stable; urgency=medium

* Fixed group commands (listing members, title, etc)
* "X is typing" functionality restored and implemented for groups
* "Last seen functionality" fixed (cepiperez)
* Report read messages only when chat window is made active

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Sun, 01 Feb 2015 16:01:40 +0100

yappari (2.0.3) stable; urgency=medium

* Implemented (as a selectable but enabled by default option) ability to send
and receive read notifications on individual chats (i.e.: blue double tick).
* Better UI for multimedia messages with long captions.
* Fixed registration again and replaced code to avoid reregistration on certain
occasions (CODeRUS).
* Fixed last seen timestamp (CODeRUS).
* Added infrastructure to report which participant is composing message on
group chats (cepiperez).

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:57:46 +0100

yappari (2.0.2) stable; urgency=medium

* Registration fixed.

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Sun, 25 Jan 2015 10:32:03 +0100

yappari (2.0.1) stable; urgency=medium

* New protocol version

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:57:46 +0100

yappari (1.1.55) stable; urgency=low

* Upgraded USER_AGENT_VERSION, BUILD_KEY and BUILD_HASH to fake latest S40.
Maybe this helps?

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:14:54 +0100

yappari (1.1.54) stable; urgency=low

* Fixed media sending dialogs

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:14:54 +0100

yappari (1.1.53) stable; urgency=low

* Preview images, video and audio before sending them

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:11:54 +0100

yappari (1.1.52) stable; urgency=low

* First release made by AGM
* Implemented rudimentary double blue tick on sent messages to individuals
* Implemented send/receive captions associated to multimedia files.

-- Alvaro Gamez Machado <alvaro.gamez#@#hazent.com> Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:11:54 +0100

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi all!

As promised, version 2.0.6 has already been sent to the autobuilder and direct link has been published on first post.

I'm sorry this has taken so long, but I've been very busy due to work and without access to my scratchbox machine. Hopefully, next weeks will be calmer and I may have more time to spend on Yappari's development.

For this release, changelog is pretty short, but will be explained here:
  • Message deletion implemented.
    This is a request that was made through github issues if I remember well. There is one thing to notice. If you send a message that hasn't yet reached WA's servers, even if you delete it will be sent anyhow. This is something I intend to change, but meanwhile be careful with what you say to whom
  • Basic group receipts implemented.
    Now, one single green check will mark that the message has arrived to WA, two green checks indicate that all participants of the group have received the message, and two blue checks mean that all the participants have sent read acknowlegdment (they have read it, supposedly).
  • Crashes on connection error should be fixed (cepiperez)
    And of course, this is the fix that cepiperez sent a few days ago and the main reason for this release.

I hope you enjoy this release, and please, report bugs on Yappari's github so I can track them easily.

Best regards!

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
hi, i got the updated yappari 2.06.. i updated yappari at my phone..but stil it crash..and i am nt able to use it,as it crash after every minutes.. plz help me to solve it... thanks for all your support.

log after a crash, v2.0.6:

Code:
INCOMING:
<notification>
   from=xxxxxxxxxx@s.whatsapp.net
   id=721045092
   t=1425145690
   type=features
<feature>
<voip>
   value=allow

There was an IO error: Connection closed by server.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Yappari will retry the connection in 10 seconds.

The Following User Says Thank You to enne30 For This Useful Post:
Note that 2.0.6 still has not appeared in testing, and that 2.0.5 hasn't even cleared voting yet.

Is it an idea to slow down releases?

Originally Posted by trancethrust View Post
Note that 2.0.6 still has not appeared in testing, and that 2.0.5 hasn't even cleared voting yet.

Is it an idea to slow down releases?
Hi!

My policy is to wait at least 24 hours between uploading to devel and promoting to testing. The idea is that biggest bugs can be detected early and not be exposed to the bigger subset of people who use testing. So don't worry, today 2.0.6 will reach testing.

On the other hand, I can't force people to vote on new releases. The has been only two positive votes, but no negatives. What does this mean? People don't like new release or they just don't care to vote them?

I'm open to ideas, so please propose anything you believe can be helpful.

EDIT: Given that the segfaults seem to continue, I won't be promoting this version to extras-testing. I've also found some cases in which new group receipts functionality isn't working very well, so I'd rather wait to solve both issues before promoting a version that I know is not going to add much. Sorry

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

Last edited by ceene; 2015-03-01 at 15:25.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
If any of you that are experiencing frequent crashes could install sp-rich-core and send me the produced output on core-dumps/
directory, it could really help me diagnose this issue.

Thanks to freemangordon here for this idea. I'm trying it myself, but I've yet to experience any crash...

The Following User Says Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari