have just rerun ssu ur and version --dup and saw update for cameraplus app and now that one works again. jolla camera app not yet

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Just updating to 1.1.4.28...

using trick or normal opt-in program ?

Using a trick.
Just updated. I can't see any visible new things.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Germany
I don't have any notifications about update. I think Sailfish OS 2.0 will be released in may.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post
how? I only have 1.1.2.16...

P.S have you joined the Early Adopter program?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,701 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post
Just a friendly reminder: the only thing you can achieve by posting this information to public is not publishing release candidates to servers before making them available to opt-in program. In other words: when trying to help everybody to get releases before announcement you only sh*t on other peoples who really need to use it.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
People are using the public-facing but un-advertised release candidates, which have enough blocker-level bugs still in that Jolla are still pushing fixes to and have not yet issued the full package as an official upgrade.

Unless you like tripping over potentially major bugs / edge-cases it's recommended you wait until they are happy with the release and make an announcement.

Also Jolla have said that they hope to make Sailfish 2.0 available to everyone around June.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Just a friendly reminder: the only thing you can achieve by posting this information to public is not publishing release candidates to servers before making them available to opt-in program. In other words: when trying to help everybody to get releases before announcement you only sh*t on other peoples who really need to use it.

I'm not shitting on you.
This new release was known already on Friday by an Italian guy..

See the commets/source https://together.jolla.com/question/...1216-to-11424/

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
I don't think he's saying that to anyone directly. I think what he means is that the more people disseminate the information on how to get incomplete release candidates the more likely someone who doesn't quite understand what they are doing and what to expect installs one, trips over a bug, and then kicks up a fuss that their phone is broken.

At that point, Jolla will be more likely to lock down this public channel, and developers like coderus who take pride in delivering updated patches / software simultaneously with the release of an opt-in update won't be able to do that any more, and we all lose out.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post: