Active Topics

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Can confirm.

Warehouse is now broken with Alpha 10 and won't install for me.

Jolla Store still broken (as Alpha 9).

If you're on Alpha9, don't bother with 10 atm.
Please check

Alpha11 - 29 April 2015
Jolla Store hotfix
New libhybris from upstream
Before Alpha10, porting underwent an important packaging reorg, which will make adaptation for future devices even easier and less cluttered

Jolla Store fixed.

Warehouse still gives installation error (as per Alpha 10 - it worked on Alpha 9).

In IRC someone said warehouse works after installing an app from store.

From porters faq link it says:
Either run devel-su pkcon refresh in terminal, or download at least one app from Jolla Store

The Following User Says Thank You to luke_dirtwalker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luke_dirtwalker View Post

Either run devel-su pkcon refresh in terminal, or download at least one app from Jolla Store
Will try. Had assumed that was outdated info as the first thing I did when I installed Alpha 9 was downloading and installing Warehouse, and it worked straight off the bat.

Edit: It worked. Thanks.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2015-04-30 at 16:55.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Alpha 11 seems to be stable, so i updated my first post with the following information:

What works and what not? Comments
For Alpha 11 consider
  • For sideloading warehouse app
Code:
 devel-su pkcon refresh
  • To avoid black rectangle just create your own ambience.

Changelog
  • Fixes store and sideloading issues introduced with alpha 10
  • Default weather app is installable
  • Some icons are fixed, number of columns in folders is raised from 3 to 4
  • Pre-installed codec support for mp3/mp4

Overall i can recommend to update from alpha 9 to alpha 11.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
The XDA thread is the same as the one that I linked to with the performance tests I did, and the same one linked to in the OP of this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...alpha-t2841266
Thank you for your detailed browser performance testing, i like it. On XDA you asked for double tap to wake. To avoid hardware buttons you can try the following: I dont have any bad issues using the low power mode / glance screen in connection with a case: As root
Code:
pkcon install mce-tools
mcetool --set-low-power-mode=enabled
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
cheers, I assume theres no way to just upgrade, gotta reflash and re-setup everything.
Without being too optimistic: The chances to get OTA updates are getting better:-)

I do backups of ~/.vault and copy / move files to the underlying primary android os to copy those back, for calendar sync etc.

Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
ok, i ask for an help. Why i cannot install microsoft exchange from jolla store? it doesnt show me all app but only ones "available" for my device...
This is a general issue which should be fixed in upcoming releases: Not all Jolla store apps are available, you will not see new apps coming in and those apps which you installed do not get automatic updates. But if you own a Jolla maybe you can work around this issue, see below;-)

Though GPS does not work on Alpha 11 yet you can try the HERE / sailfish-maps app with routing and nearby features if you own a Jolla - dont ask for it. Always as root
Code:
pkcon download . sailfish-maps

Last edited by BluesLee; 2015-05-01 at 16:03.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by luke_dirtwalker View Post

Sideloading v3.30 from Openrepos worked fine.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Code:
pkcon install zypper
zypper install --download-only sailfish-maps
You will find the rpm somewhere here /var/cache/zypp/
Code:
pkcon download . sailfish-maps
?

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Finally I decided to give it a try on my old Nexus 5.

Flashing was pretty straight forward.

It looks very good.

I will take it for a ride for the next few days as my daily driver. Only app I miss is the Waze. It is ok, I am in town this week, so no need for nav.

Few issues (after few hours usage):
1. Copied ~/.local/share/commhistory folder from my Jolla - because only thing local that I really need is my sms and call log. Messages and log came through, but for some reason new messages and call history is not getting saved (Update: A restart fixed it). It is so cool that you can scp files between phones over wifi.
2. Pairing Bluetooth - finds the car audio and seems like registering, but never saves it. Update: Successfully paired with Bose Soundlink Mini and after that, I was able to pair with my Mazda without any issues. Don't know what the issue was!
3. 4G connection issues for data (USA T-Mobile). 3G seems to work good.
4. Default fonts in Terminal and a few non Jolla apps like Whatsup is really small. Whatsup, currently no option to update, I can play with the qml, maybe later, or wait for CepiPerez to come up with the right fix.
5. Double tap to wake up the screen does not work (even after mcetool --set-low-power-mode=enabled) Update: It works from LPM screen.
6. Phone audio seems to be too low.
7. Need to get used to Volume buttons on the left again. Hung up couple times trying to increase volume and pressing lock button instead.

No show stoppers yet for me. I love this bigger and better screen. I can even see the screen in daylight outside.

Last edited by abyzthomas; 2015-05-02 at 22:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
One more important issue:

8. Flash for the camera does not seem to work. Torch app does not turn on the flash either

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
the double tap to wake up only works when the LPM screen is active.