Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Samba Pa Ti View Post
i was downloading 700MB avi's i had ripped on my main machine to stress he connection abit (its great when it gets going a steady 600KB/s) somtimes when it crashed it rebooted the nokia (might have been using version 18), on version 19 it just seemed to lock up when the screen went off, and on the preferences menu.
Well ive never had a reboot while running transmission but i've had reboot doing random things. While im not certain your reboot was random, its possible. I hope your device is otherwise stable? Also, backlight makes no difference for me, dl keeps going... but you can force backlight on when on ac in control panel.

A continuous 600kb download huh... i wonder from how many sources. Yes that would pretty much run cpu pegged at 100%, wifi adapter at 100%, and sd i/o fairly heavy... one would hope designers stress tested such a scenario, but you may be uncharted testing territory :S

My recommendation while you determine stable settings is to put caps on peers and throughput. Author has done that to some extent in 1.02 but i think he removed them from preferences screen (meaning you'd have to edit the config file yourself in /home/user/.transmission)

Last night i ran a 350 meg torrent and i had the wifi drop out so that problem persists even with 1.02. I was able to do a dmesg as Serge suggested and i see DMA transaction error with device 43 but i have no idea what device 43 is... anyone have an idea? I've attached my dmesg log in case anyone knows how to decipher.

At this low level i can only hope others can shed light. The wifi issue does seem system wide though since other apps like SSH can do the same.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Fritz2.txt (8.9 KB, 279 views)

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-01-25 at 00:16.

ive tried some more files and it appears to be totally random (the crashing). im assuming ive got a botched install or somthing, and il try to delete the config files, the IT is totally stable at 600kB/s and takes about 25 minutes to download the whole film (which i think is amazing) off my local network.

just stressing the wifi to see how fast it would actually go, im sure it would hit 600kB in the wild but i havent had chance to test that yet.

i have noticed if i fiddle with the menus or try to do other things on the tablet it locks up transmission which might be because the cpu is at 100% .

I've updated first post links with new 1.04 version (rev 22). Mostly internal fixes. I also removed debug info so its smaller (half size of the tiny it was).

I skipped version 1.03.

Also, version 1.02 rev 21 appears to be the only version i have released which is friendly to creating 'new' torrents 'on-device'. I doubt many people will do this and you can still seed files which you download, you just can't create new torrents on-device with versions later than 1.02 (redesign of screen now causes segfaults). I may not ever have time to look into this so if thats important you might want to keep a version 1.02 deb/installer for those cases.

Pipeline,

Many thanks,
Keep up the great work.
Dan

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
I have opened a bug about the disconnection issue.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2979

If you experienced this problem, please provide details at the link above. I suspect the developers might be particularly interested in knowing whether people are also having this problem with other routers. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabkdlly For This Useful Post:
Wonderful. Works very well. 128mb downloaded yesterday.

What happens if for some reason the connection stop while downloading a file ?

Well as mentioned above there is a bug filed for this behavior. I guess if you open a browser window, theres no internet? If theres no internet at all, then this is the issue the above bug was filed for so disconnect from network (wifi icon in system tray) and then reconnect.

General concensus is that its probably a maemo wifi driver issue. I rarely get this for files < 350 mb and maybe once per file for files > 700 mb or so. -Possibly-, reducing the max download/upload/peers settings in transmission could avoid the problem, but at the cost of giving up performance.

New 1.10 version is out, mostly improvements to User Interface which may only be good for OS2008

- System Tray icon is in by default now (they removed the option to remove it ) Fortunately it seems stable

- Estimated Time Remaining
- Several Dialogs reworked to benefit (probably coincidence) of maemo users
- The progress bar went back to single color
- Libnotify integration... when a torrent completes you get flashing icon in task bar similar to new email. Useful if minimized to system tray. Not sure if 810 led flashes.

OS2007 users who want to try this 1.10 build try this :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...bora.rev25.deb

Since its possible the system tray icon might not work right, i would like verification before making this the default os2007 download. Since I no longer have an os2007 device, please provide feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
I created a new Transmission package of latest 1.22 source for diablo.

You can grab it here :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi....rev26.all.deb

It should now depend on the correct version (0.9.8) of libssl which should be already installed after fresh flash so there should be no dependecies above firmware libs.

I cant gracefully uninstall 0.9.7 to test but i did rename it and the diablo transmission still ran so i would guess its good on fresh flash. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Since this is my only package different than chinook, i will keep single Chinook repo for now with this package listed as transmission-diablo. So if you already installed transmission, uninstall and then install diablo version.

Stability seems improved so far (no net disconnects yet)... hopefully diablo driver or infrastructure changes fixed that.

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-06-26 at 01:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
great work. i looking for a mameo-based bittorent client and ed2k client for a long time.
it means i need only looking for a maemo-based amule now.

BTW: is there a plan to put it to maemo diablo repository? i can not find it in extras or extras-devel.

Tags
bittorrent