Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Originally Posted by Micha1982 View Post
Filebox doesnt install, something with dependencies, I now moved logs to MyDocs - and canīt find them any more....arrgh

I need a way to open it from a pc!
How to acces whole filesystem from linux?
From Linux? Havent logged into Ubuntu lately. But fix the dependencies mate. Filebox is the ultimate tool to edit such things in N900 directly. Add missing repos if you havent.

Iīll try - but now logs-folder is away.

It hopefully will create a new one if I try to login yappari again - but where is the old folder?! I did

īmv logs /home/user/MyDocsī

in .yappari

and canīt find it anymore

In MyDocs is a ._ - what is that? canīt go into it...but folder logs isnīt shown there.

Logfile from Fam trying install Filebox:
--- 2015-06-13 10:18:52 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -qsy --allow-unauthenticated -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="" --auto-remove install filebox
--- 2015-06-13 10:18:55 ---
Output from last process:
---
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
filebox: Depends: bzip2 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
Any idea how to fix?

Furthermore Yappari does not create new logfiles!! I definately need back the old logs-folder....help ((

Think I missed a ī/ī behind MyDocs when doing mv....now I need an expert There is also a .Trash-1000-Folder in MyDocs...whatever, no logs-folder - and I have no idea how to fix.

Last edited by Micha1982; 2015-06-13 at 08:33.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
It's been known for a while now that 'spamming' people that don't have you in their address book or 'spamming' to people you don't have on your own address book can result in getting banned; so I believe that's probably what has happened to you.

On the other hand, it seems that group creation/management is not working.
This will be my next bugfix, as soon as I can fix it. Alongside that, I'll update serial numbers so they match latest official WA client.

And for now that is gonna be all. Maybe a little improvement in the UI, but don't expect much nor expect it soon, sorry.

Best regards

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post
It's been known for a while now that 'spamming' people that don't have you in their address book or 'spamming' to people you don't have on your own address book can result in getting banned; so I believe that's probably what has happened to you.
Seems I missed - yes, that could be the reason as I tried to write to persons only in my list through some groups created by others

And how long do they ban? Forever?

Annoying but not a real problem as I wanted to migrate to Telegram...

Beside that, have you maybe an idea how to get my old logs-folder back again (and open the logfiles)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Micha1982 For This Useful Post:
Now I got the first people in Telegram -

and I donīt think I need Yappari anymore

Sorry for you and your good work on Yappari - but Telegram seems to have much more and better functionality than Whatsapp....

I hope that everyone other will migrate to Telegram, too!

Originally Posted by Micha1982 View Post
Now I got the first people in Telegram -

and I donīt think I need Yappari anymore

Sorry for you and your good work on Yappari - but Telegram seems to have much more and better functionality than Whatsapp....

I hope that everyone other will migrate to Telegram, too!
Telegram in N900? or via Pidgin?

Pidgin. Looks very good for me...one or two buttons are a bit small and the Traysymbol is missing, which I hope will be fixed - but all in all it seems to work fine.

Donīt know about the functionality and if everything like videocalls and so on works...but I am able to write and thats what I want.

Using the same for Telegram too. Its waay faster and typing is really amazing there with that chat window UI. If somehow there could be a whatsapp protocol for pidgin itd be great. Or atleast sharing media plugins for telegram.

The Following User Says Thank You to BlazingBird For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceene View Post

On the other hand, it seems that group creation/management is not working.
This will be my next bugfix, as soon as I can fix it. Alongside that, I'll update serial numbers so they match latest official WA client.

And for now that is gonna be all. Maybe a little improvement in the UI, but don't expect much nor expect it soon, sorry.

Best regards
If you need a helping hand on the design then i am always available. Just a little bug fixes and UI changes will complete yappari for now. Thanks..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlazingBird For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Well, I got today the time and I've just release version 2.0.14 with the following changes:
  • Fix group creation
    Thanks for the report on this. It seems solved now.
  • Separate record functionality from 'Send' button so it is more difficult to start recording an audio message by mistake

Now, the Send button is only the Send button. There's a new button for recording audio that disappears when writing some text so the typing space is not reduced. I hope this solves the glitch that sometimes made us start a new recording unknowingly.

I hope you all enjoy this small changes It's already available at extras-devel and in a few hours will be available at extras-testing.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari