Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I know that I meant case - http://lastucase.com/product/lastuca...let-pre-order/
Oops, my bad -- I didn't know this is also available.

Edit: If I understand correctly Indiegogo contributors have to wait for tablet relase, while everybody else who order through webshop can get cases "now"? Considering last statement on page "Deliveries will start in about fifteenth of July."

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Oops, my bad -- I didn't know this is also available.

Edit: If I understand correctly Indiegogo contributors have to wait for tablet relase, while everybody else who order through webshop can get cases "now"? Considering last statement on page "Deliveries will start in about fifteenth of July."
I missed the Indiegogo version by like a few minutes - they're basically the same but all walnut + Jolla logo whereas this version has three types of wood.

This is shipping at the end of July; same as the Indiegogo version I think. We're not getting anything sooner. And no update as of yet + 2 weeks shipping.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Hey, dunno if I'm first on this but a new blog entry is out:

https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-...ipping-update/

Long story short: display now fixed, developer loan program starting (with tablets arriving in their hands in early August), general shipping to contributors to occur 3-5 weeks after developer loan program completes. Which, I'm guessing, means roughly end of September or so...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2015-07-23 at 10:10.

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
So by the time this gets released, it will be pretty old hardware again

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
https://blog.jolla.com/jolla-tablet-...ipping-update/

"Developer Device loan program has been launched with invitations sent to selected developers. We anticipate that these developers will get their hands on Jolla Tablet developer devices from the pre-production batch very soon, as we will be shipping them in early August."

It seems earliest mid/end of september for non developers.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
oh no! i can't play GTA5 on it? i need refund then!

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Depends on your definition of "old hardware". If you consider a device old whenever a new CPU comes out, then yeah, pretty much every device ever released by every manufacturer is always obsolete the very day it is released.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Posted on the blog my opinion:

Will the Lastucase come then individually?
Will the Jollaphone get Sailfish OS 2.0 prior to the tablet release?
What were the old screen specs and what are the new ones?
The 2nd perk “split screen feature” was told to be implemented Q3 when the tablets will be sent to backers. Does that mean this timeline is affected to?

Delaying the delivery for a second time is in my opinion not as bad as the consistenty of this “trickle down” information desaster.

Lol at everyone in the comments who happily bought this expecting May/June arrival but now are saying the hardware will be "old" after a 3 month delay. Please tell us what things you won't be able to do with it arriving in September that you could have done with it in June.

Why don't you just say you're mad you didn't get the toy you were promised exactly when you wanted it.

Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Please tell us what things you won't be able to do with it arriving in September that you could have done with it in June.
Well, I was going to take over the world, and it could have worked if I had started end of May. I was also going to fix poverty, hunger and give everybody equal opportunities. It was a pretty sound plan too - but it needed a Jolla tablet delivered on time.
Now that chance is gone; thanks, Jolla.

PS: I can't even play GTA V now, as that was my plan B.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund