Active Topics

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Anybody having troubles updating apps in Store after upgrading Sailfish? Can't update Maps, nor even removing and then and installing it again.
Other way round for me. It wouldn't update until I upgraded, then it went through first time. Have you tried rebuilding the app registry using the Utilities?

Originally Posted by anig View Post
For me it seems random, sometimes the clock shows, sometimes not. If you double tap the phone and just wait for the display to go blank again it seems to work.
Always shows the clock for me. I wasn't sure if it would show the notifications as I haven't had any since I upgraded.

I find it's just fairly random as to whether it works at all. Probably about 70% of the time it works - and tends to work/fail in bursts.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
This is strange, if you type "exit" in fingerterm, the app seems to close but the card doesn't disappear from running apps...
https://together.jolla.com/question/...n-typing-exit/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Im really enjoying the fact that if you have a notification, swiping L->R in lock screen opens the notification view but both swipes always go home if there isnt one. Its very intuitive and a nice touch

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
another issue i can't get to the eventsview directly anymore because if i enable the swipe left to do it i can't swipe apps away, and i cant swipe from the right because my hands too small. hard life really.

actually heres a thought, toggles on the settings app cover. since there independant buttons they can do it.

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2015-09-25 at 12:14.

Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Im really enjoying the fact that if you have a notification, swiping L->R in lock screen opens the notification view but both swipes always go home if there isnt one. Its very intuitive and a nice touch
This is written as a known issue in release notes, so I recommend not to enjoy it too much, because that feature is likely to be gone soon

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by TemeV View Post
This is written as a known issue in release notes, so I recommend not to enjoy it too much, because that feature is likely to be gone soon
Pity..

In this release, did they keep the new feature: when phone locked and display is off and then a message comes in ->>> display turns on and shows your incoming message briefly to boss / partner / colleague looking over shoulder?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
In this release, did they keep the new feature: when phone locked and display is off and then a message comes in ->>> display turns on and shows your incoming message briefly to boss / partner / colleague looking over shoulder?
Yes
10 chars

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Anybody having troubles updating apps in Store after upgrading Sailfish? Can't update Maps, nor even removing and then and installing it again.
Have you tried to update your password at the store (website profile), then update your local (device profile) with the updated information?

I've seen mention of that being a problem for a few people and that seemed to have solved it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I'm getting used to it now, but I don't think I like the 'handle' on the apps drawer. Does anyone think it might be patchable to turn it off?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martinhsl68hw For This Useful Post: