I use to be able download apps from http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/ now (still using same N810) when i go and click on the click to install button it opens up application manager then it says downloading but it hangs at 1 KB and never moves. I 1st thought it was my slow internet connect so I left it at home when I went to the gym 3hours after it is still at 1 KB . I can surf the web sent emails chat just can;t download new apps. I've tryed refreshing the list application list from application manager it says connecting then downloading but also hangs at 1 KB.
(BTW I tryed to install pidgin, xournal and ogg eg other as well but all hang at 1 KB)

Could someone point to me what I'm doing wrong

And also one more question where can I download the http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/ stuff onto my laptop so I can transfer them via usb onto my N810 and install them offline.

TY for your help

Last edited by dsreev; 2008-02-23 at 01:05.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Czech Republic
Im in the same boat, every works fine bar the download apps. I just did a re-flash of the device and it still didnt work.

Also I cant download extra maps, can you?

Any help from someone............please......

Same thing for me. Sometimes it will hang, sometimes it won't. I've been trying to install xmaeme all day, and it won't update the application list.

Nevermind. It's stuck at 33kB for everything.

I am having similar problems on an N800 with OS2007. When I look at the log file for Application Manager I see lots of entries, "Couldn't stat source package list http://www.fbreader.org...". I would guess we are all having problems because the fbreader site is down. What do you think?

ER

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Czech Republic
I havent been able to do it for a week or so.

Can you guys also download extra maps?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I got an upgrade for FBReader less than 24 hours ago, so wherever it came from must not be down.

As a test, I did the following.

I went to www.gronmayer.com/it

I searched there for FBReader (for OS2008) and found the repository it was in.

I noted that it says that the repository is online, which I take to mean "up".

I found a web address for FBReader provided there, and I went to that address.

At that address, I found a one-click link for downloading FBReader. It worked.

You might try such tests when you think a repository might be down.

Last edited by geneven; 2008-02-28 at 11:19.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
First--in Application Manager, check the log file. Often the error message will tell you what's wrong.

Second--do you have enough free device memory? I found that my Canola installation problems were related to not having enough memory left because of all of the applications that I had installed.

I'm having similar problems. I'm using an n810 and just installed the newest OS update (2.2007.51-3). I've tried installing several different applications and none will download. An example of the error log is below. I tried reinstalling the OS update but problem persists. I have plenty of available memory on the device, and plenty on each individual memory slot/card. Please advise as this is extremely frustrating.

hildon-application-manager 2.0.2
apt-worker command 3 already pending
apt-worker: domain change: map (nokia-system -> unsigned)
-----
Installing mnotify 2.0.3
Failed to fetch http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...0.3_armel.deb: Could not open file /media/mmc2/.apt-archive-cache/partial/mnotify_2.0.3_armel.deb - open (30 Read-only file system) [IP: 72.246.19.41 80]
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /media/mmc2/.apt-archive-cache/lock
W: Not using locking for read only lock file /media/mmc2/.apt-archive-cache/lock

I'm having similar problems too,I checked the log and it said run apt-get update to correct problems .
Anybody know where I get this update?

Hoping for an answer