Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Damn, just checked my "queu number" and I was not on the first 600. Those tablets really went fast on day one! I remember ordering it within 30mins or an hour since the campaign opened.

Thats a shame since I have never believed in this everything have to be the latest tech. It is the software and how well everything is put together that matter. My old desktop is an Pentium 4 with just SSD drive update and it is doing just fine. Dont have to always use my newer computers for regular tasks.

We of course dont know how well Jolla tablet is put together but I do have alot faith in their software. Of course every usercase is its own. But only now I am truly dissapointed that dream of getting one has died because of logistics, not because of old tech.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Well, I'm English and I'm more confused now after reading it six times.
Well...their communication might need some improvments still. As long as all Are refunded Im happy.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I personally would have chosen the tablet, but now I get a refund in two parts. Like few others in this thread.

Taking part into crowd funding projects as a "client" is a risky business. I have some experience from Kickstarter. Not all the projects end well. I have partaken in a one particular project which on my account ended well (got the product, 1,5 years late), but there are still people waiting for theirs, and it is now over 2 years ago. The company stopped answering to e-mails, phone calls, Facebook ... about 4 moths ago, but apparently they are still continuing business. A sad story.

Jolla tablet project did not go well, but it now looks it ends in a way we can live with. At least I can.

Have you considered, that with around 600 devices, the Jolla tablet is going to be a real collector's item. So treat them well. Remember to store the retail-box and all accessories.

I hope Jolla will succeed well enough so that we get more devices with Sailfish OS. I try quite hard to by devices which run some form of GNU/Linux (not Android), and if we have Sailfish live and kicking, choosing a new phone in the future is much easier.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Well...their communication might need some improvments still. As long as all Are refunded Im happy.
Well, now we all just wait for the magic email, first one to get it wins an 'other half' signed by Marc dillon (in invisible permanent marker)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I do hope there is an easy way to turn down the refund when the time comes. As I have stated before I have no interest in the refund, it was a donation towards a goal that was not fully reached and I'll just have to live with it.

I would so have liked to get the tablet, but it seems I am going to be about 200 places too far in the queue...

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, you know, the more I think about it, the less fair Jolla's solutions is. First those that receive the remaining tablets get full value of their investment. The remaining folks get 1/2 of investment and a promise for the other half (not to be mistaken for TOH, lol) at a later date (good luck on that one!). Not only that but because the Jolla tablets will be a bit of a rare entity (remember the n950) they may actually have a higher value. This does not seem right to me. As you can't take back the ones already shipped out, the only equitable solution at this point is for Jolla refund everyone that did not receive the first shipment the 1/2 refund. Sell (auction or whatever) the remaining ones to put towards the second 1/2 refund and try to honour the agreement for a full refund. Then move on.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Well, you know, the more I think about it, the less fair Jolla's solutions is. First those that receive the remaining tablets get full value of their investment. The remaining folks get 1/2 of investment and a promise for the other half (not to be mistaken for TOH, lol) at a later date (good luck on that one!). Not only that but because the Jolla tablets will be a bit of a rare entity (remember the n950) they may actually have a higher value. This does not seem right to me. As you can't take back the ones already shipped out, the only equitable solution at this point is for Jolla refund everyone that did not receive the first shipment the 1/2 refund. Sell (auction or whatever) the remaining ones to put towards the second 1/2 refund and try to honour the agreement for a full refund. Then move on.
I think this would be fair. I'm not totally convinced of the longterm value of the tablet though. Someone will probably figure out how to flash all those tablets from china.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
After reading the comments I think we need form a group since this payment plan seems to be a bit more uncertain than I previously thought. An hidden secret group in the outskirts of TMO... The brotherhood of refund.

We dont support, promote or pay jolla for any future device or service until all Are fully refunded. Feel free to sign up here. But don't tell anyone. This is Top secret!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Sell (auction or whatever) the remaining ones to put towards the second 1/2 refund and try to honour the agreement for a full refund. Then move on.
But they have sold (some of) them already! Through the web shop, remember?

I also thought the "final solution" was odd. I would expect the web shop orders to be the first to receive the goods. Not only would that be (at least legally) more kosher, it would also be easier for Jolla logistically. Instead of sending the web shoppers the 100% refund they allegedly don't have, they can send them the tablets they do, saving (number of web shoppers) x (50% of refund price).

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
After reading the comments I think we need form a group since this payment plan seems to be a bit more uncertain than I previously thought. An hidden secret group in the outskirts of TMO... The brotherhood of refund.

We dont support, promote or pay jolla for any future device or service until all Are fully refunded. Feel free to sign up here. But don't tell anyone. This is Top secret!
While reading this, I totally heard the Al Pacino led "Attica!" chant...

So nobody is stopping the creation of a thread chronicling whenever somebody gets their refund.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund