Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Maemomd View Post
So...I had one purchased for me from Tao Bao...I am currently at the hospital on call...haven't posted up here in a while due to my awful schedule...hope everyone is doing well. I received the tablet a week ago...the seller advertised 'Sailfish OS'...when I got home late from call, I immediately opened the package like a giddy fool. It is in actual jolla packaging, serial numbered, jolla branded, etc. I will start a new thread on it, but wanted to let everyone know on this thread as well. Then I booted it up...and...Android 4...not happy at all at that moment. So I quietly watched and planned to maybe send it back to my colleague who was able to buy it for me off of Tao Bao...now with the image up and a way to reimage the tablet, I want to try to do this after unlocking the bootloader...my issue is time restraints with my really bad schedule at the hospital and lab...I will post of photos here soon of the packaging and tablet...yes it was 32gb, not 64gb...

I ended up paying $200 with shipping included, b/c my colleague purchased and had it sent to his brother in China, who then sent it to me...very nice of them. I owe him some beers as well. Anyways, I will start posting more in the next couple days instead of 'lurking' b/c I sometimes just check the forums very quickly and then have to finish something else.
Great! Thanks for posting and above all, proving me wrong. Keep looking around, there's been a few posts about how to get Sailfish back onto your device as long as it's not the Ango device.

And those "posts" do work btw.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Great! Thanks for posting and above all, proving me wrong. Keep looking around, there's been a few posts about how to get Sailfish back onto your device as long as it's not the Ango device.

And those "posts" do work btw.
I was able to grab the 'jolla' file from baidu with the help of my colleague...yes, it took 24 hours to download...

I am pushing it up onto my onedrive, then I can share it with whomever needs it. It has a comprehensive guide on how to flash it to android...but I did not have to time to peruse all of the files for the sailfish os stuff...it did come with sailfish image for the tablet, so I will do a little more research on this, then start a new thread labelled 'Tao Bao Jolla Tablet' or something like that...put up the photos and a detailed guide on how to get your own lovely sailfish tablet...I am annoyed about the situation as well...I forgot to purchase the tablet off of indigogo, so I suppose it was a blessing in disguise. I never got the jolla phone b/c of lack of network support here in the states. So, I am somewhat new to Sailfish, and what I see so far, I am not as impressed as with the n900 or even the n9...but let's see how this tablet goes...

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
as long as it's not the Ango device.
When did the nameing convention switch to Ango?
After that chinese blog post i guess...

Is it that the chinese pronounce it like Ango or are we repeating a typo of some sort?

I mean, after all the official homepage states Aigo.

Also looking for ango only returns Tango or alike using various search engines

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
When did the nameing convention switch to Ango?
After that chinese blog post i guess...

Is it that the chinese pronounce it like Ango or are we repeating a typo of some sort?

I mean, after all the official homepage states Aigo.

Also looking for ango only returns Tango or alike using various search engines
Good catch. It is a typo. This is where I got influenced: https://jolla.comes.today/jolla-tabl...china/?lang=en

Search for Ango on that link. It is indeed Aigo - but it's the one to watch out for. You cannot load Sailfish onto that device at all whereas the others that do have Jolla on the motherboard - which seems to come in the Jolla boxes, whatnot - can be flashed with Sailfish.

I was able to grab the 'jolla' file from baidu with the help of my colleague...yes, it took 24 hours to download...
There's a Mega link in this thread, perhaps a page or two back. The downloads did indeed take like 18 hours on my end, but were not complete.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
When you stop paying attention to it.
Are you sure about that?

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
There's a Mega link in this thread,
Here it is again: Kim-Schmitz-kindly-hosts-the-Tablet-Firmwares
Had it in cache and did just ctrl-v

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone believes 540 tablets will be shipped before end of Feb?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Are you sure about that?
Totally sure.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Anyone believes 540 tablets will be shipped before end of Feb?
It would be something else, wouldn't it?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland

I am pushing it up onto my onedrive, then I can share it with whomever needs it. It has a comprehensive guide on how to flash it to android...but I did not have to time to peruse all of the files for the sailfish os stuff...it did come with sailfish image for the tablet, so I will do a little more research on this, then start a new thread labelled 'Tao Bao Jolla Tablet' or something like that...put up the photos and a detailed guide on how to get your own lovely sailfish tablet...I am annoyed about the situation as well...I forgot to purchase the tablet off of indigogo, so I suppose it was a blessing in disguise. I never got the jolla phone b/c of lack of network support here in the states. So, I am somewhat new to Sailfish, and what I see so far, I am not as impressed as with the n900 or even the n9...but let's see how this tablet goes...
Good luck! Here's to 121+400+540 Sailfish tablets in the wild!

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund