Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
is still slow to lock...

so basically that means we're all back to square one on the unbelievably slow satellite lock with no solution in sight other than to hold the N810 in your hand a certain way and hope for the best.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Nah, just make sure your finger doesn't cover the antenna. That said, seeing that someone's already put up a tutorial on cracking the NiT open, why not just find a way to reposition the GPS antenna where it could work better?

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by ghoonk View Post
That said, seeing that someone's already put up a tutorial on cracking the NiT open
Do you have a link? I searched for ithe tutorial but can't find it.

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
I have always been happy with how fast it would get a lock.

but... today I am trying and currently have not got a lock in the last 5 minutes

am doing everything exactly the same.. Hopefully it is just a glitch - will try again later.

Make sure you're outside, with a clear view of the sky, hold the tablet with the left side vertical, your hand and body well clear of that area, and you should get a lock. Being inside or having your hand or body near the antenna can easily block the very weak GPS signals. Liquid water and metal will block them completely.

I still think there is more than the leap year bug in gpsd. Would really appreciate if Nokia could fix this issue.