Posts: 30 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Czech Republic
It seems I cant install anything thought Application Manager so is there any way of downloading the deb files for these apps to manually install them? I also like to keep a backup of my installation files anyway just incase I dont have internet access.

Thanks

Application manager should work fine. Be sure to enable extras from your application manager and refresh the application list. If you are missing a depedency, go to http://gronmayer.com/it and search for the missing package. You can add more repositories with a single click so adding some more of them usually helps with the depedencies. Just make sure you install repositories for 2008 OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
get the repo's address off gronmayer and go to it with /dists on the end. open packages.gz and look at the depends needed. go to repogoeshere.com/pool and download all deb files needed

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Colorado
But there are two other solutions.

1. Download the file AS a deb, then go to file manager and double click on it.

2. Load the osso terminal program, and becomeroot. Then, go to terminal, "sudo gainroot", then "dpkg -i programname.deb"