Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Got my email, filled out my refund information. Saw no notice of a tablet being shipped, no surprise.

I did not choose to make a "donation" for a couple reasons.

1. The selfish reason: Jolla is a for-profit enterprise and not a recognized charity so I don't get an income tax reduction for the contribution. (Maybe that's two reasons.)

2. When I do make a donation -- that is giving money with no expectation of anything in return -- I already have a list of charities to which I regularly contribute and if I felt the need to donate around $250, I would have sent it to one of them.

I still hope Jolla survives and thrives. And I certainly don't want to sound like I'm making any kind of judgement of those who do decide to donate their contribution. I absolutely respect that decision (as if anyone needs my approval to do what they want).

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Donate or not to Donate...That is the question!

IF I only got the refund option when everybody else was fully refunded. That would have made its easier. Now I have absolutely no guarantee that Jolla follow throw...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-03-16 at 15:59.

It's your perfect right to demand an refund. I can also confirm a "pending/ shipment" status. And the list below shows I will not get a refund at all, which I am very happy with. I hope the best for you guys, who are desperatly waiting for a tablet too.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Donate or not to Donate...That is the question!
That may be the question but I think people should keep the answer to themselves.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
That may be the question but I think people should keep the answer to themselves.
We agree here.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by zenecho View Post
Why? Are you afraid of the truth? Everybody can share if they want to. We do not judge here...unless it's scamers

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Why? Are you afraid of the truth? Everybody can share if they want to. We do not judge here...unless it's scamers
You have your own agenda. Ever thought that not all folks are willing to put out their own information in regards to their decision?

Sorta like how you've never stated where in the world you reside. Please respect those decisions that mirror some of your own.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Right, no one should feel compelled to share their decision or reasoning. Or whether they made a decision at all.

Since my last post, I have been trying to figure out if I've sent thank-you contributions to the authors of the Maemo/Meego/Harmattan apps I use all the time. When the Jolla refund comes and puts a little money in my usually empty PayPal account, I really should remember those fine folks (or make an actual donation to their suggested charitable organization, if that applies). It also occurs that this might seem a little inconsistent -- maybe that's how my brain works, though . . .

At any rate, I hope we can all ultimately feel a little better about this episode. Sure would have felt nicer if we all had tablets, though.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You have your own agenda. Ever thought that not all folks are willing to put out their own information in regards to their decision?

Sorta like how you've never stated where in the world you reside. Please respect those decisions that mirror some of your own.
What? Did I force every one to share

I'm getting a refund, dave made me do it...

When it comes I'm buying something from lastu.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund