Notices

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I have just tried it to replace Pebbled, which was a fantastic job but not maintained too much anymore
and all I can say is waouh. That is really fantastic. I have also upgraded my watch to latest firmware (so I am probably positively biased because Pebble did a great job too...) but while I was expecting some glitches or worst, that went like a charm.
That is the great part of open source: when several people improve things hand in hand, from original source to forks and from authors to contributors and even testers!
I would happily give some free beers (as I did to smoku) if I ever find how to do it?

conclusion: thanks a lot

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Any idea if we can get the weather function to work on Mario Time?
*Sigh* again _worksforme_ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This authenticator app was a good usecase to reshuffle appsettings window though.
First it had two dialog box calls - so now alert and confirmation calls are implemented in gecko.
Then it had cancel button right at the top left corner - which forced me to return page heading shifting webview down below.

Hey, thanks a lot for awesome work on the app

I'm curious, do you have any plans (possibilities?) for supporting the "developer connection" (https://developer.pebble.com/guides/...er-connection/) thing?

Originally Posted by tadzik View Post
I'm curious, do you have any plans (possibilities?) for supporting the "developer connection" (https://developer.pebble.com/guides/...er-connection/) thing?
Yes, it is on the list, however it has dependency on websockets which in qt5.2 is external.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Really need to test that with a watch app that uses websockets, but not I'm not sure many do.

for dev connections websocket is used in a bit different pattern, will try to merge your WS branch into my wip and see how it could be utilized. Ultimately phone-side implementation is here and looks fairly simple on a first sight.

The Following User Says Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
That does look quite simple, is that all there is to the developer mode?

Well, yes, most important is I think do_relay which makes direct raw binary channel to the pebble.

There's also cloudpebble part which makes the same but via external wss proxy, but we need some insight from Kath probably to find out how to make it properly from the phone perspective (need to register itself as an endpoint somehow I presume).

Also I've found a repo on merproject hosting qt5-qtwebsocket rpm built for jolla, which allows greatly simplify at least the build. Just built websocket branch with it.
Edit: I forgot openrepos is also an rpm repo so that also could be used with coderus build

Last edited by ruff; 2016-04-10 at 10:46.

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Well, yes, most important is I think do_relay which makes direct raw binary channel to the pebble.

There's also cloudpebble part which makes the same but via external wss proxy, but we need some insight from Kath probably to find out how to make it properly from the phone perspective (need to register itself as an endpoint somehow I presume).
It's quite quiet in the Ubupebblers telegram chat at the moment. You should join!

Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Also I've found a repo on merproject hosting qt5-qtwebsocket rpm built for jolla, which allows greatly simplify at least the build. Just built websocket branch with it.
Edit: I forgot openrepos is also an rpm repo so that also could be used with coderus build
Yes, my branch was using the coderus rpm on openrepos. Version 5.7 (!) vs 5.3.2 on sfietkonstantin's obs though, so we've got an alternative there if there are problems with a particular version.

Tags
pebble, smartwatch