Active Topics

Notices

I thought they were already hidden - they're called transient notifications. I'll have to attach my tohkbd again and test it.

The Following User Says Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Is there a way to disable "ephemeral" notifications (or at least have them go away from the watch)? Like, when you connect or disconnect a TOHKBD it creates one of the drop-down notifications at the top of the screen - it doesn't ever show up in SFOS's notifications window, but it sits there on the pebble (and can only be dismissed by the back button, because when you try to "dismiss" it says "Failed", probably as a result of the notification not being on the phone.)
I've just tried on my tohkbd, and they get discarded before they get to the filters. Can you check if you have the file /usr/share/lipstick/notificationcategories/x-harbour.tohkbd2.conf? It should contain the line 'transient=true'. If it does, then the output of 'journalctl -laf' as root while connecting the keyboard should tell us more.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
I've just tried on my tohkbd, and they get discarded before they get to the filters. Can you check if you have the file /usr/share/lipstick/notificationcategories/x-harbour.tohkbd2.conf? It should contain the line 'transient=true'. If it does, then the output of 'journalctl -laf' as root while connecting the keyboard should tell us more.
I do not have that file.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
btw I had some time to run the logs for the problems of Caldav appointments not being sent to the watch.
I can see that the gmail calendar events are indeed being sync , and I do not see problems except maybe at the beginning of the logs even though it is not clear to me which of the error and success wins :
Code:
[W] mKCal::ExtendedCalendar::defaultStorage:2057 - Unable to create calendar database directory: "/home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal" 
[C] {anonymous}::semaphoreError:57 - semaphore_p.cpp: 57 - Unable to get semaphore /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal/db: Invalid argument (22) 
[C] ProcessMutex::ProcessMutex:214 - semaphore_p.cpp: 214 - Unable to create semaphore array! 
[C] {anonymous}::semaphoreError:57 - semaphore_p.cpp: 57 - Unable to decrement semaphore /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal/db: Success (0) 
[C] mKCal::SqliteStorage::open:180 - sqlitestorage.cpp: 180 - cannot lock "/home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal/db" error "Success" 
[W] OrganizerAdapter::OrganizerAdapter:25 - Cannot open calendar database
Attached Files
File Type: txt pebble_logs.txt (16.0 KB, 113 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
Code:
[W] mKCal::ExtendedCalendar::defaultStorage:2057 - Unable to create calendar database directory: "/home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal" 
[C] {anonymous}::semaphoreError:57 - semaphore_p.cpp: 57 - Unable to get semaphore /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal/db: Invalid argument (22) 
[C] ProcessMutex::ProcessMutex:214 - semaphore_p.cpp: 214 - Unable to create semaphore array! 
[C] {anonymous}::semaphoreError:57 - semaphore_p.cpp: 57 - Unable to decrement semaphore /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal/db: Success (0) 
[C] mKCal::SqliteStorage::open:180 - sqlitestorage.cpp: 180 - cannot lock "/home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Calendar/mkcal/db" error "Success" 
[W] OrganizerAdapter::OrganizerAdapter:25 - Cannot open calendar database
This output is what you get if the daemon is running without permission to access the calendar database. This can happen either because it was run manually through qtcreator or from the console, or if it hasn't had its permissions added property to the mapplauncherd permissions config.

The best way to get calendar logs out if to relaunch the service with the GUI, while watching the output of 'journalctl -laf' on an ssh session. This will make sure that the service is launched with the proper permissions.

I can see it removing the calendar entries that had been loaded when the service was running though - those 'removing stale entries' lines - but that doesn't say where they were from, or why others were skipped.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abranson View Post
Pebbled stored the pbws by UUID, so I'm not sure why he changed it.
Seems I've figured why. AppStore accepts only StoreID - it has no knowledge of the UUID (or at least doesn't expose it to API). However StoreID is not part of apps's metadata.
It means it's not stored anywhere. So appdir name was a way to store the StoreID. If we move to uuid - we then need to store it separately. which by itself is not a big deal.
However since I've already added logic to handle existing apps - the easiest and most consistent way would be then to use following logic:
* For app fetched from the app-store - check if app exists, if yes check current appdir matches StoreID, if not rename it to StoreID.
* For sideloaded app - check if app exists, if yes - install to existing appdir, otherwise install under uuid.
That should allow overriding appstore-installed app by sideloading and other way around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Thanks @abranson
I am far from being a developer so I may do stupid mistakes

See below a link with logs from the journal this time. I do not find any obvious error so my guess is that Caldav entries are just stored in another place which is not read?
http://pastebin.com/7DujHMNz

I have also tried to see what happens when I try (and fail) to sync misfit:
http://pastebin.com/LkxY17Jv

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
Yeah all I can see in the first one are successful entries, there's no mention of anything skipped or missed. You could try disabling one of the caldav calendars in the calendar app and seeing if it's mentioned in the log. There is no other place for them to be stored afaik.

I'll have to reinstall my misfit to check that. It seems to be the problem I thought I'd fixed.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Thanks for your work with this great app!

One idea: is there possibility to make phone change profile when silent mode will be enabled from Pebble?

The Following User Says Thank You to junnuvi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by junnuvi View Post
Thanks for your work with this great app!

One idea: is there possibility to make phone change profile when silent mode will be enabled from Pebble?
I think that might require a watch app - I don't think Rockpool can tell if the watch is in quiet mode or not. If it could, then that's another justification for the JS DBus API to be implemented

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:

Tags
pebble, smartwatch