Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
I choose to get the tablet instead of refund on april 29th.
No news since, so I decide to send a mail to zendedk yesterday morging, and got a reply really really quickly !

Hello.

Sorry for the delay.

We are in the middle of getting the final orders processed.

We do not have a solid timeline for when the order/s will dispatch, but it might be as soon as next week.

Once again our apologies for the delay.

Sincerely,
Jolla Customer Care

Operating hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 - 17.00 GMT +2; closed on weekends and public holidays (Finland)*.

Join the Movement @ www.jolla.com
Like us on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/jollaofficial
Follow on Twitter @ twitter.com/jollaHQ
Dive deeper into the Jolla world @ https://blog.jolla.com
Got Jolla? Get it @ http://shop.jolla.com/fi_en

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
The second part will appear within this year. .
Actually, this is not what they said. They promised the second part within a year, not this year. So you are not going to get money until 2017.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Peccelius View Post
Actually, this is not what they said. They promised the second part within a year, not this year. So you are not going to get money until 2017.
Depends when they said it

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Actually, this is not what they said. They promised the second part within a year, not this year. So you are not going to get money .......
I removed the last part for better accuracy

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Depends when they said it
From the latest press release:

"The project affected the most with the financial challenges was the Jolla Tablet. As previously communicated, Jolla will only be able to fulfill a small number of tablet shipments to its crowdfunding backers, and has decided to refund all the remaining Jolla Tablet contributions done via Indiegogo. The refunds will be split into two rounds due to financial constraints: round one will see half of the refund paid out now, and round two will see the rest paid out within a year of round one - depending on Jolla’s financial status."

Also the original blog post:

" Due to the financial constraints this will happen in two parts: half of the refund will be done during Q1/2016, and the other half within a year, our financial situation permitting."

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
From the latest press release:

"The project affected the most with the financial challenges was the Jolla Tablet. As previously communicated, Jolla will only be able to fulfill a small number of tablet shipments to its crowdfunding backers, and has decided to refund all the remaining Jolla Tablet contributions done via Indiegogo. The refunds will be split into two rounds due to financial constraints: round one will see half of the refund paid out now, and round two will see the rest paid out within a year of round one - depending on Jolla’s financial status."

Also the original blog post:

" Due to the financial constraints this will happen in two parts: half of the refund will be done during Q1/2016, and the other half within a year, our financial situation permitting."
Yes, the info was communicated via blog Jan 28 2016 so we could give Jolla 28 extra days. However, I WOULD see it as a bad sign if no money appears before December.

Plus, why wait until you run out of money

Still no email, and still nothing in my Paypal account? "soon" I guess

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Everyone needs to calm down on this topic, especially Dave (you will earn some days off, you know what I mean)! And Dave, you can sue as much as you like, a crowdfunding stays a crowdfunding and an attached device remains a promise, so does a refund.

If Jolla had gone bankrupt the other day you'd have seen nothing. Now you see some people getting tablets and some getting refunds and some still waiting, where is the problem with that? You spent money for a useless gadget (yes, tablets are useless gadgets!) and now you are all on the rails cause of a couple of hundred bucks?! You spent more time discussing, blaming, shitstorming about it than the tablet is even worth, even if you find a job that pays less than 1€/h!

My 2c!

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Looking back and to this point, would you consider the Jolla tablet to be a good relationship test?
well, you decide....

I saw the Nokia N900 first, but she got one on contact before me.
She saw the Jolla phone first, but I actually brought one
She order the Tablet first, but I have one, I was lucky enough to buy through the Chinese Market

We are still together...

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Everyone needs to calm down on this topic, especially Dave (you will earn some days off, you know what I mean)! And Dave, you can sue as much as you like, a crowdfunding stays a crowdfunding and an attached device remains a promise, so does a refund.

If Jolla had gone bankrupt the other day you'd have seen nothing. Now you see some people getting tablets and some getting refunds and some still waiting, where is the problem with that? You spent money for a useless gadget (yes, tablets are useless gadgets!) and now you are all on the rails cause of a couple of hundred bucks?! You spent more time discussing, blaming, shitstorming about it than the tablet is even worth, even if you find a job that pays less than 1€/h!

My 2c!
You are absolutely right. That's why we have traveled around in Africa the last couple of weeks. Still not seen a single Jolla phone. What happend with Jolla Africa ?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund