Posts: 92 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Toulouse, France
Given the relative limitations of PDF viewer compared to the browser in the N800 (and presumably in the 770), I thought that some people might be interested in this:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/pdf-...converter-pro/

It's a Windows progam, and I haven't had time to test it fully but because it's free only for the next 15 hours, I thought it best to rush into print. My first impression is that the html is more than a bit overweight, but that's exactly what one would expect from a program that tries to preserve the formatting of the pdf. You'll probably want to strip out all the <span> and <font> tags for a start. (In my first test, that reduced the file size by two-thirds.) The <div> tags are a bit trickier: some of them need to be replaced by <p>s, most just represent line breaks and others are something else again.

Obviously, the way I envisage using this is to download pdfs onto my Windows computer, convert to html, then put them on the N800 for reading on the go. Frankly, I'm not (yet) sure it's worth the trouble, but it's free and available for a limited time, so make up your own mind about that.

It seems potentially more useful than most of the things I've seen on Giveaway of the Day. Maybe it's their idea of an Easter egg.

Easy way:

Attach a pdf (or word) file to gmail. Send it to yourself. View html.. save

Originally Posted by traveller604 View Post
Easy way:

Attach a pdf (or word) file to gmail. Send it to yourself. View html.. save
Nice necro.

html2pdf is a superior solution. It's FOSS and supports images.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ montreal
or use evince

The Following User Says Thank You to spokewrench For This Useful Post:
That I use are:

media convert online solution:

http://media-convert.com/conversion/

could convert video and audio too

in linux:

pdftohtml look at sourceforge .net depends on xpdf

in windows look for:

http://www.softinterface.com/Convert...onvert-Doc.htm

i have not test it yet buit it looks freeware

PDAConvert is a ebook corversor for the garnet devices.

I think that It's good to have alternatives.

In a future I want to see a "view text only" option in the pdf reader like you can see pocketxpdf, this is the only that i need for use evince as my default ebook reader, for now I need to convert the pdf to txt or pdb and then I read it with fbreader.

pdftohtml is in poppler-utils.
just install it with dpkg.

The Following User Says Thank You to rachid For This Useful Post:
With cupspdf (linux) you can print directly from a browser (or any app) to a pdf file