Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Maybe then this "standard" is not ready yet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Maybe then this "standard" is not ready yet.
I think that it is as ready as its promoters want it to be... I had a very quick look at the Java libraries, and found a binary file mminfo.dat in the repo that is used to instantiate a singleton instance of com.mapcode.DataModel. If this was a truly open standard, it should be possible to locate the source of the data that the file contains and re-create it, but I didn't find a way of doing that.

I'll continue to look into this, but my initial enthusiasm has dropped somewhat. I wouldn't want to spend any coding time on this (or encourage anyone else to do so) without being satisfied that it is as open as they want us to think.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
I had a chance to test performance of smooth scrolling during a longer drive. Turns out, its a major cpu consumer leading to two CPUs running instead of one, with usage at all frequencies increased. I will probably have to improve the algorithm or adjust animation settings to reduce this effect. For now, I recommend to disable this option if your phone is getting hot, unless you are showing off either Pure Maps to casual observer or your phone as a heating device.

Corresponding issue: https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/311

Graph below

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
At the risk of being "that guy", may I humbly ask how?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Sorry, should have expected it. In Preferences, Navigation/Smooth position animation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That's where I was expecting to find it. Alas, no such thing:

Name:  Screenshot_20190824_001.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  21.1 KB

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
And turns out that this was not included in the current release . Time for new release...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New release is out: 1.23.0

The highlights of this release are new icons by Mosen for basemaps and updated translations. Not sure whether icons are visible on EA SFOS release, no proper solution yet to enable them.

Release also contains ability to enable/disable smooth animation during navigation. I recommend to disable it for time being.

On exit, Pure Maps now stops GPS pooling, keepalive, and its timers. I wonder whether it will help against old standing issue with problems on shutdown (https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps/issues/31). Maybe we will be lucky and can close that for good.

On request, Silica cover actions have been added. Many smaller bugs have been fixed as well.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Not sure whether icons are visible on EA SFOS release, no proper solution yet to enable them.
Don't know if it was mentioned before, but when selecting one of the bright SFOS ambiances all icons on the map are visible.
Only on dark ambiances the on-map icons are pure white but the "on-click" variation still shows during the touch/click action as described.
But now the new map-base icons are always visible. Regardless of the selected ambiance.
Could this be a hint?
Thanks for the release. It is very rewarding to see mockups come alive. Will supply more drafts for transport icons and the one missing base-icon l8a this week.

Regarding shut-down problems.
It could be purely me but i got the impression that the problems happen when a route was still active while closing puremaps? When i manually clear the route before closing puremaps all seems fine for me.
(Or i did not understand zhe problem).

If i close puremaps with active route, sometimes i can not get it to restart later, it just shows loading screen for 30secs then and dies. So my work around is manually clearing routes before exiting.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Re icon visibility: its due to coloring of the icons which is maybe disabled for icons with colors. I will look into it a bit later, maybe I can just use plain Image instead and re-implement the button.

Re icons: its very nice to use them, thanks!

Re shutdown: I tried to disable functions that would be active while routing on shutdown. So, let's see if you have to clear before shutdown. Let me know how it goes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: