keep it up, lol, and don't be supprised when your account is banned.

are you the same person
or both equally annoying, self-depricating, and irrelevent to the forwarding of this discussion??

Who cares what you think of each other....

I think that OS2006 is quite interesting, and,
the bugs I can see are:

1. Consistant internet connection dropouts from WLAN, and NOT from gprs edge phone tethering

2. An ability to GTALK from N770 to Computer quite nicely from Computer to N770, but NOT from N770 to N770

3. brick-like freeze occuring with simultaneous GTALK and internet opera windows open, though NOT while MULTIPLE opera windows are open, resultng in a desparate battery-removal solution.

DC

had the same problem with gtalk & opera. Reported it on bugzilla #522

Last edited by dattani98; 2006-06-11 at 06:54.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
Originally Posted by Clay
Sure -- thanks to everyone in the first dozen or so pages of this thread saying how wonderful it is to try this new beta.
Good enough?
Originally Posted by dcarter
are you the same person or both equally annoying, self-depricating, and irrelevent to the forwarding of this discussion??
I could revert to the 2005 OS following advice on this forum and I am grateful to those who share their experiences with us. I am sure that I would have the same attitude even if it had not gone smoothly first time... I sympathise with Coolty for expressing his opinion.

In summary, to revert to 2005 OS from 2006 OS beta, use flasher-2.0 in Linux following the steps described at http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_Fla...ImageWithLinux. The only step left out from the instructions is to make flasher-2.0 executable by "chmod a+x flasher-2.0" before running it.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by musicoman
I create a jabber user , someone can tell me how to connect msn ? thanks.
I added a little step-by-step tutorial on the wiki page.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'd decided given all my previous ramblings here that I might hinge on the fanatic side. The 770 can do no wrong. All bow.

... so I decided to take a hardline approach with Mistral. I was going to play the part of the nitpicky user tempered with a bit of being reasonable. It rebooted once. Opera poofed once. It's a beta, no problems with those.

Seriously. My only gripe is that there's no red theme. Mistral is far more responsive and Nokia appears to have listened to their user base in a lot of the additions they've made such as swap space.

(Oh, and in response to what someone was saying about the thumb keyboard and tabbing between fields, I'm sure it's meant for mass input IE a message board post or creation of a document rather than forms. Cute how the backspace key is the biggest eh? I've also had problems using the quick commands like dragging off the right side of a letter to get a space, down for enter, left for backspace, etc)

to bad, i tried video stored on my MMC (worked with 2005), it failed...
Anyone has same?

i also have a few videos and mp3s that wont play anymore.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Well Folks, finally I upgraded my Nokia 770 OS to the latest released Beta version. The upgrade went smoothly. I noticed that the New OS is larger in total size then before. After the upgrade it took a little more time then normal to reboot initially. I then had to charge my Nokia 770 for about 4 hours before it said " Battery Full ". After this everything went real smooth. In my opinion it has been very good so far. It did not mess up my Nokia 770 IT as it may have happened to some people.

The new OS is much snappier and Wi-Fi connections are quicker and stays connected for longer times. I can connect to unsecured APs really quickly. I was able to listen to an mp3 that I had saved ( when I had the earlier OS) on to my 1 Gb Sandisk RS-MMC. I watched a short online movie clip that was encoded in Real Player( Windows Media encoding did not work). I connected / paired very easily to my Nokia 3650 Cell phone ( GPRS) and got to the Web rather quickly. Eventually, I am going to get to EDGE.

I noticed that the new Opera browser does not make use of the 'Dynamic Fonts' used by some websites. I tried to go to www.Manoramaonline.com to read the newspaper. This online newspaper is in the Eastern Indian language called ' Malayalam '. The whole page looked like full of gibberish. I tried to read some pages at another website, in the Eastern Indian language that is 'Hindi' as well. Unfortunately that also looked like total lot of gibberish.

Change of colors cos someone went blind.

Last edited by Arjun; 2006-06-12 at 01:35.

** Screen Problem **
I posted yesterday (#139, page 14) about a screen problem I noticed after updating to OS 2006 Beta. Correspondents thought the screen problem might be a hardware problem, which just happened to arise at the same time as the update. They were correct. I set up a Linux installation using Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/), ran the flasher-2.0 from a USB stick and flashed the 770 back to a 2005 OS. The screen issue, vertical bars and streaking of images persists. I will contact Nokia tomorrow and see if they will take it back for repairs.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. The Ubuntu CD-ROM is a great way of trying out Linux before you do a full installation. And allowed me to flash the device back from the Beta.

Bom