Active Topics

Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
Just wondering, how many here still use N900 as a daily driver (For texting, calling, browsing) for all your needs ?
I still use N900 as daily driver, except browsing with Pinephone Keyboard. I have small bag for both. I noticed that I have used Pinephone for all browsing in this month (I have not connected my laptop at all). Reason why I have not moved totally to Pinephone are:
- I cannot set volume level during phone call with volume buttons.
- Camera/picture viewer apps are not same level as with Maemo 5

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
2024: Yes browsing or data related stuff is painful but for everything else still nothing compares IMO.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
'm back to using the N900. I tried the PinePhone for a while, but had problems from the start (sd card slot didn't work almost immediately). Last week I crashed the PinePhone during an update and I am not sure how to get it to work. The N900 is certainly a better device anyway. It just fits better in my hand and pocket. The interface is better.
N900 still seems to work; even recognizes a 3G (and 3.5) network, now.
I only wish I could get gcc-4.2-base (=4.2.1-4maemo-9+0m5) working on my N900. Somehow it got unlinked or rewritten years ago. Now I can't update anything - which isn't too bad. There's only like three websites and my email I want to access. That I can get to Maemo.org is a real trip ... fantastic ... great.

Posts: 699 | Thanked: 1,981 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Hi guys. Have 2 N900 with box for sale in case anyone is intersted. Love them but don't have time to play with them

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Jul 2023 @ Europe
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Hi guys. Have 2 N900 with box for sale in case anyone is intersted. Love them but don't have time to play with them
Hi,
I'm maybe interested for one device if USB port and screen are OK:
It could be useful for me to have a second device to start testing kernel 6.6 and keep my stable Leste install with 6.1.76 on my main N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Arno_11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 699 | Thanked: 1,981 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by Arno_11 View Post
Hi,
I'm maybe interested for one device if USB port and screen are OK:
It could be useful for me to have a second device to start testing kernel 6.6 and keep my stable Leste install with 6.1.76 on my main N900.
All ok with screen and USB port. Can send pitures and video of them. PM me and send me your email

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900