Active Topics

Is there any way to sync my outlook contacts/calendar to the 770?

Yes, but it will cost you 4.95 a month :-(

It's called Deja PIM. Not a bad suite all in its own (looking from the screenshots), but it will cost you money. I can't find a link to their website.

SJ30-Tungsten E- Zodiac 2-?

Does the location column count?

Just what I need....spend more on the toys!

I downloaded this:

http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/s...2icalv1.04.zip

I imported these files into Outlook (I have 2002), and then had it export my calendar to an ICS file.

I had already installed (the new 2006 OS version of) the GPE calendar, and GPE Todo. I didn't bother with the Contacts, because it is built into the 2006 OS.

Then I simply had GPE calendar import the *.ICS file. Now my work calendar is on my 770. Oh, yeah.

Thanks for the help!

I like this, because I now have some code that I can modify to extract other parts of my Outlook data, and I can change it. If you go to the wiki for ICS/VCard, you can get the file layouts for them.

Of course, the best thing would be a turnkey solution that synchronized this stuff for me. You might say, "Well, what about DejaPim?"

My answer is this - I tried DejaPim's desktop program, and it would not work with our restrictive security here at work. I can't describe the security, for security reasons, but it is secure. As a matter of fact, we can't leave BlueTooth on all the time; they 'BT sweep' the area, and I will get in trouble. I have to plug in the BT USB dongle, and it will auto-connect, then do what I want, then unplug it.

So what I want is some program that will create an ICS/VCard file or the like, from Outlook on my PC, then copy it to the PC's BT shared folder, and then have the 770 pick it up and do something with it. I might have Outlook constantly recreate this file or recreate it when something changes, then copy it to the shared folder.

Originally Posted by michaelalanjones
BT sweep' the area
Wow, your workplace sounds pretty intense.

Don't use any USB flash drives you find in the parking lot

Originally Posted by Supergeek
Wow, your workplace sounds pretty intense.

Don't use any USB flash drives you find in the parking lot
You probably work at some government agency

or Samsung's R&D labs :-P

SJ30-Tungsten E- Zodiac 2-?

Does the location column count?

The Following User Says Thank You to frenchie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaelalanjones
I downloaded this:
http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/s...2icalv1.04.zip
I imported these files into Outlook (I have 2002), and then had it export my calendar to an ICS file.
I had already installed (the new 2006 OS version of) the GPE calendar, and GPE Todo. I didn't bother with the Contacts, because it is built into the 2006 OS.
Then I simply had GPE calendar import the *.ICS file. Now my work calendar is on my 770. Oh, yeah.
While looking up outlook2ical a while ago I found a link somewhere pointing to a port of the VB code to javascript. It is a single .js file that works standalone and silently (no GUI, options can be set in the code itself). It works just as well as the original, and is simpler to use because you don't have to import anything in your Outlook client or work around its security settings, just double-click and you're done.
Also, the resulting ICS imports very well to Google Calendar (much better than Outlook-exported CSV files :-)

All this stuff sounds neat, but I'm not a developer. Is there a program I can purchase (one time fee, not service) that can do this?