Posts: 41 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki
can anyone say anything about:
PQI SDHC?
I just wondering why price is 2times less comparing to other manufactures...
30euro for 8Gb 6class / 60 for 16Gb seems strange for me

Originally Posted by jamesc760 View Post
LOL "I have just ordered a 16GB one from eBay"!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. That just made my day. Why do people have such blind faith in cheap, sh*tty products on eBay? Go to amazon.com or buy.com and get real 16GB sdhc cards for cheap, not eBay crap. Search this forum and you will find info on fake sdhc cards from eBay. People wake up!
I have used eBay quite a bit in the past, usually for electronics and I have never had any problems. You sound like you have had your fingers burned in the past, which makes me happy after realising what a complete douche bag you are.

Also if that just made you day maybe you should venture out of your bedroom a bit more.

what diff does the "class" of SDHC make?

Its the speed at which it can transfer data (DTS). Class 6 = 6mb/sec which I think is about the fastest.

You can find a more detailed explanation here

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-sdhc-cards.htm

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by flareup View Post
what diff does the "class" of SDHC make?
Sustained minimal write speed in MB/s. Minimal means worst case, in average writing may be faster. It is useful in camcorders where you absolutely must not go below specific speed or the video recording would fail or cause jerky recording. Not that critical in other devices. Reading is not a problem so even class 2 cards can do over 10MB/s when reading.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Edinburgh, Scotland
Originally Posted by jamesc760 View Post
LOL "I have just ordered a 16GB one from eBay"!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. That just made my day.!
You sound like a horrible person.

Mark

newegg.com has the cheapest 16gb SDHC cards. $65.00 landed.

Actually, if you get burned on ebay or not depends on what you buy. If you do some searching you'll find that there are currently lots of cases with fake "high-capacity" cards sold on ebay. Much better to buy from newegg for now. It's safe, and prices are good.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
See ebay reviews

Ebay review guide