Notices

Hi,
a tip for N770 owner with OS2007HE
Sound is only working, if you have this line in .mplayer/config
ao=esd
With the standard audio output, the sound stutters!

rachid

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
ok that was my mistake ops

i can install 25 and 26 now but:

i tested both and 25 is better than 26 for play mp4 videos

but it is still a bit slow ?????? why? any solution?

But Thinking About A 64 GB !!!!

Os 2008 Chinook,I Have't Trust To Diablo!??

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by italodance View Post
ok that was my mistake ops

i can install 25 and 26 now but:

i tested both and 25 is better than 26 for play mp4 videos
How exactly is it better? Please explain. Everything should be quite the opposite, but who can know.

The sooner we get some .24 replacement out to garage extras repository, the better. Just because we can focus on solving flv audio seek issues and proper DVB-H playback support then (upgrade to 1.0rc2 or some patches from more recent upstream SVN may be required).

but it is still a bit slow ?????? why?
Older builds had a bug in .mp4 container processing. Newer builds are better, but still don't have all the needed/possible optimizations.

any solution?
Sure, it just needs to be optimized (easier said than done as usual) and everything will be fine

The Following User Says Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Serge View Post
How exactly is it better? Please explain. Everything should be quite the opposite, but who can know.

The sooner we get some .24 replacement out to garage extras repository, the better. Just because we can focus on solving flv audio seek issues and proper DVB-H playback support then (upgrade to 1.0rc2 or some patches from more recent upstream SVN may be required).

Older builds had a bug in .mp4 container processing. Newer builds are better, but still don't have all the needed/possible optimizations.

Sure, it just needs to be optimized (easier said than done as usual) and everything will be fine

well friend i use the last version of NOKIA Internet Tablet Video Converter for convert my video files to mp4

and my media player can play them but mplayer (24) and its depend tools like ukmp mediabox....couldn't play it smooth and was very very slow (didn't work)

ok i tried to update my 24 to 25 & 26

first used 26 and saw the mp4 videos still have some crash for playing , tried to update 26 to 25 and watched mp4 video files are better on! but the crash is still available on some screens and i don't know why! maybe it needs to refresh with new codec

We must Solve it Together! Hope Soon!

Originally Posted by italodance View Post
well friend i use the last version of NOKIA Internet Tablet Video Converter for convert my video files to mp4

and my media player can play them but mplayer (24) and its depend tools like ukmp mediabox....couldn't play it smooth and was very very slow (didn't work)

ok i tried to update my 24 to 25 & 26

first used 26 and saw the mp4 videos still have some crash for playing , tried to update 26 to 25 and watched mp4 video files are better on! but the crash is still available on some screens and i don't know why! maybe it needs to refresh with new codec
To sum it up: both .25 and .26 are better than .24 on .mp4 files, that's good Also both .25 and .26 still have some problems with 'crashing' (whatever it means). This bug needs to be reported to mplayer garage tracker with mplayer output log and a sample of .mp4 file causing problems. I'll have a look at it when working on the next builds.

We must Solve it Together! Hope Soon!
Sure, good ideas and patches are always welcome. Also keep in mind, that I'm mostly interested in DIVX/XVID stuff and it always had first priority for me. I just can't test and maintain all the possible codecs or protocols, so the feedback about something else not working or missing is very important. Please report all these issues at mplayer garage project trackers:https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mplayer/

Originally Posted by rachid View Post
Hi,
a tip for N770 owner with OS2007HE
Sound is only working, if you have this line in .mplayer/config

With the standard audio output, the sound stutters!

rachid
Well, probably HE needs it own separate mplayer releases. But I can't maintain HE version as I have OS2006 installed on my 770. I really use the device every day and can't afford to break it with the unstable experimental stuff OS2006 is still the best for mplayer on 770. It works quite fast, especially with the fanoush's kernel, which has a fix for YUV420 color format (YUV420 needs to be enabled by using '- vo omapfb:yuv420=1' option).

Originally Posted by Jobester View Post
Hello,

Newb here. Tried a flac file (average bit rate 356kbps, length: 0:30) and it worked. Then tried a different song (average 467 kbps, length 4:18) and it gave me this error message:
Code:
/media/mmc1/Music/Ghosts $ mplayer 01.flac
MPlayer 1.0rc1-maemo.26.n8x0 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: ARM
Internet Tablet OS version: RX-34+RX-44_2008SE_2.2007.50-2_PR_MR0

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
Tried this in both mplayer version .25 and .26
You are welcome to provide more details here: https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=54&atid=269
I can't reproduce the problem with any of my flac files. So I need a problematic flac file for testing this problem (if it is not corrupted or broken in some other way of course). This bug can't be fixed unless I manage to reproduce it on my device. With no feedback for a long time, the bugreport is going to be closed as nonreproducible. Nothing personal, this is how software development generally works.

The Following User Says Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
@Serge

I Added It Here Too Please look : https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...id=54&atid=269

Hopr They can Read And Reply!

YOu Can Add Urs Too!

mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.26 has been promoted to garage extras repository

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Serge, do you have any plans to improve WMV handling in the Maemo MPlayer version? I am getting lots of "J-type picture is not supported" errors when playing WMV streams.