Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by sherifnix View Post
Are you kidding me?

One of the most amazing features of the iPod and iPhone is the onscreen keyboard. The iTouch keyboard figures out your next key-press and actually enlarges the active area of the next logical letter. Its one of the most impressive onscreen keyboards out there. It behaves very differently as well, allowing you to hold one finger on the character key then slide over to the symbol in one swift stroke. You can talk about many things that the N810/N800 might do better but Apple's onscreen keyboard is practically genius. Look up some of the speed comparisons and it beats out much larger UMPC's in some cases.

Please please, try to be informed before ranting
Not to mention, the apple screen is multi-touch capable and they've done some nifty things with it to enrich the UI.

I hope this is something that the future NITs will be able to copy and capitalize on.

Are you kidding me?

One of the most amazing features of the iPod and iPhone is the onscreen keyboard. The iTouch keyboard figures out your next key-press and actually enlarges the active area of the next logical letter. Its one of the most impressive onscreen keyboards out there. It behaves very differently as well, allowing you to hold one finger on the character key then slide over to the symbol in one swift stroke. You can talk about many things that the N810/N800 might do better but Apple's onscreen keyboard is practically genius. Look up some of the speed comparisons and it beats out much larger UMPC's in some cases.

The OSK is definitely impressive, as he said, it intelligently (not visually) increases the size of the next key it thinks you are going to press so you have an easier time doing it. You really need to use a capacitive touch screen to understand how much better touch is with one. I hate OSKs, but only because they are usually on passive touch devices which make them terrible. I thought the N810s keyboard was great, and I wouldn't settle with anything less. If I could type just as fast on the iPod Touch, I would have taken it right back to the store, fortunately they did a great job engineering the keyboard and it works just as well as the N810's.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Not to mention, the apple screen is multi-touch capable and they've done some nifty things with it to enrich the UI.

I hope this is something that the future NITs will be able to copy and capitalize on.
Apple toted the capacitive screen around as being incredible because of its multi-touch capability, but really the thing that makes it incredible is the great accuracy and amazing input detection, even without the multi-touch feature, capacitive touchscreens are so much better than passive, unless you like using a stylus... which I have never understood. Who wants to have to get out a little pencil to tap tiny icons on their screen? The whole UI is designed with a stylus in mind making it cramped and generally ugly. Apple had to innovate and test its UI design a lot to make the entire thing not only as effectively navigable than a UI designed with a stylus in mind, but better.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by stjuste View Post
Last I checked, this was an open forum though...and as such, people can post about whatever they please. Honestly, I felt the OP's comments were well thought out and for once based on personal experience with both devices.

I don't know how many responses and criticisms I read about Apple's device from people who haven't even used them.

I for one appreciate a post like this and feel that it didn't have to turn into a comparison thread. It's the people who respond to it taking it personal that turn it into one.

my .02
I'm not involved in the discussion itself any more, but just for fun, I nominate this post for Best Unintended Irony of the Day.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by witznitz View Post
Dude did you look at the page? Its a nokia battery not some rip off.
I'm in a position to assure you that it's highly unlikley that the sale is for an authentic, fully-functional Nokia battery. But believe as you will.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I'm in a position to assure you that it's highly unlikley that the sale is for an authentic, fully-functional Nokia battery. But believe as you will.
I have this really 50" Samsung 1080p LCD TV you can have for $199.95

The Following User Says Thank You to sherifnix For This Useful Post:
it comes down to patents. the world is ruined by software and some hardware patents. The benefit of this is we don't have clones, but as they say, no human is alike, thus no device is alike anyways so its not very useful in the first place.

Patents on software is dreadful to say at the least.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
The thread that will not die... (bump)

Originally Posted by witznitz View Post
Ipod are world known for dead batteries. Thats why every store in the US sells battery kits. they dont sell Hard drive kits only battery kits.

Here are 2 stores incase you dont know about the bad batts.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1183160884953

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ultra...oductDetail.do

and these prices have dropped from 60$+ because itouch came out.

Apple like Sony always sells top end stuff and misses out on core things to profit them self. Kind a dumb.

Itouch is real cool untill you run out of room
If you buy your batteries from best buuy or circuit city, you.deserve to pay that much.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Denver, CO
Are you kidding me?

Key board layout stolen fromt he Wii 1 year ago. Again like I said before they steal other peoples stuff and redo it.

COME on this is worts then Puff daddy.!!!

LOL

I just want to make this clear itouch is cool but like always miss a few key componets.

Removiable media. Price$$$

Also remeber that these cool features only came out after they did not sell that well.

SDK kit came out after they lost $$$
32GB vs after they did not sell the crappy 8GB and it cost 500$.

8 GB cost 40$ comeon.