Notices

Got it via a PM tip. Thanks anyway...

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London
Is there any chance of sending me a copy of the mobipocket drm remover.

Thanks in advance

Got it now. So thanks

Last edited by Markie71; 2008-03-28 at 15:06. Reason: Update

Holy cow this is amazing. I got it to work. I don't have to worry if ereader goes out of business. I can also read my books on any device. This just made my day.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Germany
Someone have saved the mobihuff script? i tried mobidedrm on the german wikipedia in mobipocket format but my pid got an checksum error ... i take it from my installed mobipocket reader and it just dont work. But i guess the wikipedia is without drm just compressed so that fbreader could not read it. So mobihuff will do the job.

I'm interested in the file too, can't find it via google anymore. Can someone please send me a pm? Cheers!

Hmm for some reason I can't download FBreader now.

the python scripts for de-drm-ing ereader and mobi are at

http://rapidshare.com/files/10285493...files.zip.html

Yer all welcum!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dickcheney For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London
Being new to Python I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to use Mobidrm

The instructions given when I load the script are to type mobidedrm infile.mobi outfile.mobi PID. This seems relatively simple but all of my mobipocket files are .prc files not the .mobi files the instructions seem to suggest

Can anyone give me an example of the syntax to use when converting mobipocket files.

Thanks in advance.

I think I've got it now. Will ask again if I have a problem

Last edited by Markie71; 2008-03-28 at 15:22.

Originally Posted by Markie71 View Post
The instructions given when I load the script are to type mobidedrm infile.mobi outfile.mobi PID. This seems relatively simple but all of my mobipocket files are .prc files not the .mobi files the instructions seem to suggest
Some MobiPocket files are .mobi and others (probably most) are .prc. There is no consistent difference in the contents of the files, and a file can be renamed from one extension to the other without effecting it. If your files are .prc, simply replace one or both of the .mobi's in the command line with .prc's.

Originally Posted by Eris View Post
Someone have saved the mobihuff script?
There are no (known) legal barriers to uncompressing a .mobi file, so there is already an alternative to mobihuff that will probably stay around. It is mobi2oeb which is part of libprs500. Note that this does not remove DRM, and unfortunately the .opf file it generates typically does not work with FBReader. I delete the .opf and form a .zip file which then opens on the .html file in FBReader.