Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Hi everyone

Just saw discussion about physics simulation games and I remembered that I made something like that on December/January. I remembered also that I forgot to release the application due to other hobbies. I really forgot

Good thing that there was such a discussion and now I can release Tomiphy 1.0:
http://aivokyyti.net/maemo

Please understand that it's not completed application. I really didn't have time to fully finalize the application. Levels missing, some performance issues etc. But there are many nice features and hopefully it's entertaining someone.

Have fun!

Cheers
Tomi

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to diogenes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
looking forward to this app. i wanted to started one myself after i've seen Crayon Graphics, also using Box2D.

instead i got annoyed one night and did something to browse youtube videos

anyway, everyone is waiting for such an app, cause the objectis interaction will be extremely fun, just that there is some laziness around preventing them to post replies

Cheers
Mihai

Good work! I like the shortcuts on left sidebar.

Maybe the paper backgroud is crimpled too much?

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Great app! Any way to increase the width of the lines?

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Reports "Tomiphy-loading" on my OS2008/N800 then nothing happens... Am I missing something?

Edit: Reading is fundemental, doh!

I need "libhildonmm"

Last edited by YoDude; 2008-04-04 at 18:23.

Thanks for the feedback.

For background. Used background file is defined in the xml files (levels/boards). Stored in /usr/share/tomiphy/boards. There are 5 example backgrounds in /usr/share/pixmaps/tomiphy/background_paper_xxx.png.

For line width. With software everything is possible Basically lines are drawn as dots with a little random scattering. Algorithm is not anything clever and if line width is increased the lines are not drawn in same way between frames when rotating objects. Because of scattering the result will be ugly. Difficult to explain but I tried different widths and the current one was the only one that looked 'ok'

For libhildonmm installation. Yep, I know. Not a fun thing to do Maybe I could do some static linking or similar but I really didn't have much time to play with it.

Any way, have fun

And for PussInBoot... the toolbar graphics continues that same approach as Tomiku had. Hand drawn pencil graphics. Btw.. made by my wife, not me. I like that kind of personal approach

would it be possible to get a brief explanation of the bottom four tools? i.e. the four anchor functions?

Sure, I wouldn't claim that anchors are self-explanatory

So, let's concentrate just to those four buttons.
- Top left: anchor to object. You can click an anchor to object and anchor will move with the object it's anchored.
- Top right: anchor to world. It's a static anchor and doesn't move anywhere. It doesn't collide either with anything.
- Bottom left: start anchor. If you "toggle on" start anchor the next object (like box) will be anchored. Check status line for more information. In brief: toggle on start anchor, select a box button, click an existing anchor in the world and draw a box -> box will be anchored.
- Bottom right: end anchor. Applies only for chains and pipes. Usage example: toggle start and end anchors on, select a chain box, click start anchor in the world, draw a chain and click an end anchor -> chain will be anchored from both ends.

Note: start and end anchor buttons are toggled off automatically after tool is selected.

Hope this explained the usage. You can do quite fancy things with anchored chains. Swing set, winch etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to diogenes For This Useful Post:
That really helps a lot - thanks! It's opened up a whole new world of toys to create. It'd be neat if you could create a little object that emitted "sand" in a particular direction. Then this would feel like physics simulation and the world of sand program combined. Hehe.

Anyway, great work!