Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Is this perhaps an intermittent problem with Lastfm service, I noted problems connecting sometimes on both the NIT and PC where service would stall trying to connect or after a few tracks being played.

could it even be related to wireless going into a sleep mode when not browsing web pages etc on NIT. ( i.e. like problem with winscp access to nit from PC at times,where one moment its working fine and the next connection is dropped)

Just some thoughts...

Last edited by MikeL; 2008-04-05 at 22:13.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
* There is no option to play my playlist. The following bugs were found when using "artists similar to..." option.

if you are logged in, the "play now " plays your playlist. Is not working for you?

* After typing in artist's name, the plugin will often show "Playlist is empty" message or something similar. Retrying the same artist usually works.

- We will investigate this. We did test on all features for more than 2 weeks. Can you just (i know it boring ) check if your internet connection is not intermitent or unstable?

* After playing a song, last.fm plugin stops playback until a button is pressed.

- Can you provide us the version of Atabake you are using? This also should not happen.

* The skip-forward button that is supposed to skip to the next song does not work very well: I have to click it multiple times before it works. The button gets highlighted, but nothing happens.

- also strange. Can you do the following : run canola from xterm with -vvv and then try doing this, and copy the log that will show there in the terminal?

* Audio scrubbing does not appear to work, at least no audio files appear in "My downloads"

- Audioscrobbling is not downloading. Audioscrobbling is sending information to your Last.fm account about the musics you are listening. Do you have a last.fm account? did you login on Canola?

Cheers,

-------------
to : chrisak

This is in the known issues, we are following the protocol correctly, but seems that a lot of users uses different time zone information, causing the server to deny the connection. As requested we will remove this check in a update.

-------------
to : Bundyo

This can be a bug, we will try to replicate. In order to be able to stream faster / less buffering e did a custom component for Gstreamer, so it far from perfect, but FMS problems are a little bit more worring, because it seems that he have a broken instlalation of some kind : /

FMS : what version of ITOS are you using? 2008 ? 2007? Which device?

-------------
to : All

As pointed by mike, can you please try using the official last.fm client at the same time.. to see if the issues repeat there? If so then it a server problem, not ours, if not then we need to look even deeper.

Also : if there a developer on the forum, the code is on the website you can also test on the desktop with canola code.

Cheers

thanks for the feedbacks / bugs!

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Originally Posted by handful View Post
if you are logged in, the "play now " plays your playlist. Is not working for you?
It appears to play something that has nothing to do with my playlist.

- We will investigate this. We did test on all features for more than 2 weeks. Can you just (i know it boring ) check if your internet connection is not intermitent or unstable?
It is a bit unstable (too much concrete between me and access point). I will move closer to the AP and retest today.

- Can you provide us the version of Atabake you are using?
ii atabake 0.1.4-maemo1 Atabake media engine framework.
ii atabake-gstmp3-plugin 0.1.0-maemo1 GStreamer MP3 plugin for atabake.

- also strange. Can you do the following : run canola from xterm with -vvv and then try doing this, and copy the log that will show there in the terminal?
Will do (may take some time though).

- Audioscrobbling is not downloading. Audioscrobbling is sending information to your Last.fm account about the musics you are listening.
Oh, ok. Then I stand corrected.

Do you have a last.fm account? did you login on Canola?
"Yes" to both questions. Otherwise, I would not be able to use Last.FM plugin at all.

""Yes" to both questions. Otherwise, I would not be able to use Last.FM plugin at all."

Actually there is a way to listen to a "general" radio without login

But I will wait for your other feedback! thanks!

Cheers,

Marcelo

"But I will wait for your other feedback!
All right. I have done a canola-cleanup and reinstalled everything from scratch. Here is what I have found:

* When Shuffle and Repeat options are OFF (using menu in the audio player module), Last.fm "next-song" button is responsive, it works like a charm. Unfortunately, Last.fm still does not switch to the next song automatically when the current song ends. You have to press "next-song" button.

* When Shuffle and Repeat options are ON (and you have to go into audio player module to toggle them again), Last.fm "next-song" button becomes unresponsive, you have to click it multiple times to get to the next song. Last.fm STILL DOES NOT SWITCH to the next song automatically when the current song ends.

Now, I have run "/usr/bin/canola -vvv" from ssh, got into Last.fm module, started playback, and pressed the "next-song" button. The button did not work, but here is what I have got in the ssh window:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "edje.c_edje_object.pxi", line 42, in edje.c_edje.signal_cb
File "canola-core/media_base/ui/ui.py", line 206, in next_button_cb
File "canola-lastfm/ui.py", line 260, in next
File "canola-core/audio/ui.py", line 238, in next
File "canola-core/media_base/ui/controller.py", line 404, in next
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
This output appears every time the "next-song" button does not work. When it does work, Canola simply reports going to the next song.

Hope this helps.

Hi FMS that helps a lot!

I will forward to the one who wrote the last.fm plugin!

Br

Marcelo

*just a note : I have been using this morning (1 hour) the last.fm with search by artist : band of horses and it didn't stop once : /

I will try to reproduce it anyways in the office!

Br

Marcelo

I have been using this morning (1 hour) the last.fm with search by artist : band of horses and it didn't stop once
Doesn't say much as we may have grossly different setups - different library versions, etc.

Somebody else in this thread reported the plugin getting stuck after successfully playing 10 songs, in pretty much the same way as it is getting stuck for me.

Yah, I try to keep the clean setup in at least one device :

a) Clean n810 with latest firmware, Clean beta8 install, clean last.fm install
(my testing devices are others, they really don't count)

But I'm not saying that is your fault, just telling my experience, trying to actually find the problem also... because we need to be able to reproduce it to be able to solve it correctly

I'm playing again now (4 songs already) problems : as I'm using my internet connection heavily it hook up a few times the playback : / exactly when loading a compelx page / download. I will see how our buffering system is working.

Cheers
Marcelo

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yeah, next song is working for me today too. Dunno till when Turns out like one of the latest versions of Skype for Linux. I'm using Darklooks as theme and Skype randomly starts white or black

Hi FMS :

Thanks for the info, with your details I was able to fully reproduce the bug of the next button here. I already wrote a bug to the team.

Now I'm trying to find that automatic next song bug.

Bundyo : if works on day and not on the other without you changing anything, can be service connection failure that breaks the next function (for example : in a given moment, last.fm plugins tries to get the new song, but the connection is drop for 1 second in that moment, this must be generating a error messgaing inside canola that is not being treated well.

Anyways, keep sending details, if we can reproduce we fix it

Marcelo