Hi. I followed the instructions to Dual Boot OS 2008, partition and clone to my internal memory card, word for word from Schmots's Blog site (schmots.blogspot.com). He used a 2gb mem card as an example, and I have a 2gb mem card, so I also followed his partition instructions, word for word.

It works as I can now boot from my ternal memory card, but I do not have any space left on my 2gb internal mem card after following the instructions. When I look at the storage details of my internal memory card, it now says total size: 160kb, In use: 1 kb and available:160kb. And zero mb available for extended virtual memory.

I have the Nokia n800, updated to the 2008 operating system, and my internal memory card is a 2 GB Micro sd card with regular SD adapter. I also have a 1 GB Micro sd card in the external slot.
Do you know what could have gone wrong and how to fix this ??

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Likely your partition mess up, missed the -uM, so the partition reading the number input as cylinders instead of Mb. Redo the whole process and pay attention to the partition command. And before cloning the process, when doing mkdosfs, it should run at least one row of #s, not 2 - 4 #s

Post back if questions,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-13 at 22:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the quick reply. I did do the -uM command. I am sure of that. I have already tried it twice as you have suggested with the same result.
Could the problem be that I am using a Micro SD card with adapter??? Has anyone else sucessfully partitoned this type of card??

I decided to start all over again.
After going all the way thru I get to the part at the end where I try to Format my FAT partition.

I type in : sudo gainroot
mkdosfs /dev/mmcblk0p1

And instead of getting : [it will pause after a string of ###, then get back to a # prompt]

I get this response : mkdosfs 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)
mkdosfs: /dev/mmcblk0p1 contains a mounted
file system.

Is that what my problem is here ?? and how do I correct that?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by fibroman View Post
I get this response : mkdosfs 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)
mkdosfs: /dev/mmcblk0p1 contains a mounted
file system.

Is that what my problem is here ?? and how do I correct that?
Yes, that could be the problem. Before partitioning via sfdisk or creating FAT filesystem via mkdosfs, unmount internal drive via 'umount /media/mmc2' or for N800 just open battery cover, system should unmount it for you.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.