Active Topics

I just got my N810 today and I have the application volume up and system volume up and I can hear sound fairly loud out of the speakers yet for some reason I can't seem to really hear sound out of the headphones.

I can hear sound in the headphones but it's way more on the quiet side and I can barely hear it. I plugged the phones in completely and still quiet.

Am I doing something wrong?

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
what application are you using? do the headphones work in other devices?

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
That happened to me till i flashed the very latest OS.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post
I just got my N810 today and I have the application volume up and system volume up and I can hear sound fairly loud out of the speakers yet for some reason I can't seem to really hear sound out of the headphones.

I can hear sound in the headphones but it's way more on the quiet side and I can barely hear it. I plugged the phones in completely and still quiet.

Make sure you push them ALL the way in. I've the same problem when I think they are in, but not quite.
PLEASE use the Wiki

Actually I seem to notice the same thing, but I didn't compare it before in the old OS. The first thing I did when I got the tablet was upgrade it to the latest software.

It's not unbearably low though, although since I connect it to my car, a bit more line level would be nice. Could it be some "headphone safety" thing like the did with the iPods when they first came out?

The Following User Says Thank You to ToniCipriani For This Useful Post:
Volume turns down about 20% from the max (if at max) when you plug in headphones. Just turn it back up.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
is there anyway to disable the volume from turning down when phones are inserted.... i find this very annoying

I upgraded from 1.2007.42-19 to 2.2007.51-3 and it does sound somewhat louder, not loud enough if I'm in a very noise environment, like on a bus perhaps and definitely not if I'm in New York City, but then again, you shouldn't been listening to stuff in NYC, with all the distractions, you need all your senses, so you are not hit by a car or something.

Originally Posted by RedPenguin View Post

Red, I have have the n810 since it first came out. Headphone volume is way lower than speakers, something that I really dislike about this machine that I otherwise love.
I am hoping that this will be fixed in the new OS that is supposed to come out soon.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Colorado, USA
The line out on my n810, 2.2007.51-3, is so low that I have to sometimes max my receiver volume for listenability. Same problem/solution in my car. My n800 doesn't seem to have this issue. If my amps only went to 11 then I'd be set, but alas.