Notices

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by yadin View Post
Anidel,
I tried today's version. the colors don't work for me. if I click on the black square icon at the bottom a color menu pops up. When i click on the red color and then OK the box at the bottom shows red but the pen is still black. Also the highlighter change from yellow to some grayish color. Also in the color menu when it pops up on the left I see a box with shades of grey. If I click on it a message pops up and says color cannot be changed.
what's popping up is the hildon color chooser widget.
the upper predefined colors are read-only, that's why you see the shades of grey in the big box.
To add your custom color, tap a white small box then choose the color you want. it'll be stored on the white box you've choosen for later perusal.

Weird enough custom colors work.
Read only ones do not.

Shoot.

One more thing.
the pen and highlighter remember their own color.
the color button does not yet reflect this...

Originally Posted by mwiktowy View Post
Is it a simple matter to have the window pan to follow text being entered using the text tool or should I request this upstream?

This is fairly Maemo/NIT specific. I don't think that this would be an issue with Xournal on the desktop or a full sized TabletPC since you have more real estate. But on the Nokia tablet, constantly having to hit the scrollbar to find where I was typing the text and to know when to line-break (because there is no wordwrap) was a pain when I was using Xournal to type out a document (mixed with diagrams and exported to a PDF :] ) the other day.
I will have a look and see if I can easily patch it.
If not, I'll check with Denis upstream.

Thanks guys
You filled up my day tomorrow :-p

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Aniello,
I followed your instructions and indeed the custom colors work. I feel though that you should wait releasing this until the custom colors work too otherwise it
seems broken like I thought before you explained it to me. Overall this is one of the
best applications available for the tablet. Thank you for your work on porting it.

One more thing, I use the simple launcher application. With the previous version from 4/13 clicking on the xournal icon on the bottom strip worked. With the new version it does not.

The current on-line version (no changes to NEWS) fixes the latest bugs:

- Color button reflects current brush color
- Pre-defined colors and custom colors do work now
- hidden color menus do work too

going to check Text scrolling.
Report any other issue please.. we're all doing great

In the meanwhile Niels is, right now, figuring out why I can't upload to maemo-extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mwiktowy View Post
Is it a simple matter to have the window pan to follow text being entered using the text tool or should I request this upstream?

This is fairly Maemo/NIT specific. I don't think that this would be an issue with Xournal on the desktop or a full sized TabletPC since you have more real estate. But on the Nokia tablet, constantly having to hit the scrollbar to find where I was typing the text and to know when to line-break (because there is no wordwrap) was a pain when I was using Xournal to type out a document (mixed with diagrams and exported to a PDF :] ) the other day.
By the way, this behavior also appears in the desktop version.
If I can fix it, I will send the patch upstream.

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Okay guys, great news.

Uploading to maemo-extras works now.

I did upload the latest version with the latest bug fixes.

I think it's stable enough to make it available to everyone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much. I tried the latest version, from your site not yet from extras
and it works great! Kudos!
About your question about buttons, I think the forward button should remain, as it
creates a new page.

Originally Posted by yadin View Post
Thank you very much. I tried the latest version, from your site not yet from extras
and it works great! Kudos!
About your question about buttons, I think the forward button should remain, as it
creates a new page.
I have removed the deb files from my website.
They are useless there now.

Thanks for reporting that everything works fine

And REALLY thank you (all) for the feedback and for pointing me to bugs.

Next step is to improve Maemo integration.

Thanks again and enjoy