Active Topics

I'm planning on setting my N810 up in my car to provide GPS and media, but I was wondering if it would be possible to use the tablet as a bluetooth speakerphone for handsfree calling in the car. I tried using PhoneLink, but Gnokii doesn't support my Verizon K1m. I can flash it to a different network's firmware, which may work, but I would prefer an easier method. I am hoping that I won't have to go buy a separate Parrot speakerphone or something similar. Any ideas?

Google selfone.

Looks like it's been 13 months since anything was changed in the repository:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/selfone/

Originally Posted by apajusi View Post
I'm planning on setting my N810 up in my car to provide GPS and media, but I was wondering if it would be possible to use the tablet as a bluetooth speakerphone for handsfree calling in the car. I tried using PhoneLink, but Gnokii doesn't support my Verizon K1m. I can flash it to a different network's firmware, which may work, but I would prefer an easier method. I am hoping that I won't have to go buy a separate Parrot speakerphone or something similar. Any ideas?
I'm doing the same thing. Let me know what kind of progress you make. I was just thinking about this same thing the other day. Getting USB audio is my first hurdle tho. Without that we have nothing.

Indeed; it had at least two devs, but they got busy and abandoned it; I'm sure they'd be glad to get anyone up to speed who wanted to take over the project, but I know I don't have time either.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
too bad

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

So Selfone was never completed? I am running Garnet VM, is there any Palm application that provides this functionality? Granted that wouldn't be an ideal solution...

Well, PhoneLink does work with non-verizon K1m's, right? If I flashed my phone to, say, a generic Motorola firmware, what is the chance that PhoneLink would work? Can anyone with a non-Verizon K1m confirm working PhoneLink or even just Gnokii?

Phonelink doesn't support speakerphone though does it? It works like a charm with my Motorola W490 sending SMS and dialing out, but I can't receive SMS Push from my phone (Are there any apps that can?) and it doesn't seem to connect through phonelink as a speakerphone.

Does the n810 even have the BT Profile to be used as a speakerphone or headset?

Originally Posted by combatdoc View Post
Does the n810 even have the BT Profile to be used as a speakerphone or headset?
Good question!

I know that when I had a computer in my car (full xp system that went to a 7" Touchscreen up front) I was able to use my xp system as an audio gateway via bluetooth. Set up a macro to hook up with a touch of a button and off i went. If the bluetooth profile is there I see no reason why the same thing could not be done. You wont be able to access your contacts and such from teh n810, but i never really felt the need to. Mos the peopel i talk to are set up as speed contacts. Sit down, press a button on the n810 to connect as a audio gateway plus mic and then speed dial off the phone (Hold down the number 3 or whatever) I suppose you could even use voice commands with the mic.

In conclusion:

All i really need is to use the n810 as an audio gateway and mic like you can on the windows XP bluetooth Stack.

I haven't tried it, it might even work ... but consdering A2DP isn't 100% there either, I'm not terribly optomistic. I'll try here in a few mintues and see what i come up with.

No, it doesn't support that end of either of those profiles (HSP/HFP) with the stock OS.