Active Topics

Hello,

I am attempting to compile the realtek usb r8187 drivers under maemo in scratchbox.

When I make, the ieee stack works fine, but the driver itself errors saying I need EHCI support in the kernel.

So I changed

# CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI is not set

to

CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI=y

When I make oldconfig, this reverts back to not being set. I am not sure what governs this - is it that the armel arch doesn't support EHCI and this is a dead end?

Or have I missed something?

Thanks,

Paul

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I compiled this a week ago for pupnik :P

I had the same problem, I don't think OMAP usb will let you set it. Remove the EHCI line from the Makefile and then it compiles cleanly

(Actually, if you search the irc archive for rapidshare, you can get a link to the modules I built against stock kernel)

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Oh yeah, found it.

Thanks loads... though I was kinda having fun with my first foray into scratchbox.

I see that pupnik got an error with "invalid module" which would suggest a kernel id mismatch?

Did it work in the end?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
Oh yeah, found it.

Thanks loads... though I was kinda having fun with my first foray into scratchbox.

I see that pupnik got an error with "invalid module" which would suggest a kernel id mismatch?

Did it work in the end?
He was using some custom oprofile kernel

You may have seen my kernel log that I posted too

It insmoded fine for me with that script.

Ah, no, I didn't see the script, but I am familiar with this driver so I knew the deal.

So it was a success, thanks. Aircrack worked a treat, once I found the missing aireplay-ng. Any ideas why this is absent from the package? I imagine the package maintainer got sick of people asking why it didn't work with the internal card!

So today I cracked my first wep key from the n810. A good day I am looking forward to the next time I need to demonstrate the ineffectiveness of wep for a customer and do the whole thing from an n810!

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post:
Brilliant

Thanks for confirming it works w/out ehci, I thought it may not work.

I need to pickup one of these sticks, cracking a dump with the built in wifi and using aircrack-ng = fail on n800

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-04-27 at 13:21.

Inbuilt? You mean without injection? Yeah unless you have a lifetime to wait for the ivs then def "fail"

Oh yeah, careful with the Netgear wg111 sticks - they have different versions with different chipsets, but the same model number. I was lucky to get the right one.

Inbuilt? You mean without injection? Yeah unless you have a lifetime to wait for the ivs then def "fail"
Yep, I left it running for seven hours, in the morning cpu is still on full and it was Killed :/

Oh yeah, careful with the Netgear wg111 sticks - they have different versions with different chipsets, but the same model number. I was lucky to get the right one.
Hehe, I have 2 of these. One is broken, and one is my sisters

Hey Qwerty,

The rtl drivers you created don't load under Diablo - are you planning to recompile? My scratchbox setup is gone, so if you have new ones that would be great...