Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I figured it out. It seems that Bundyo's and querty12's rc2 versions of mplayer fail silently if called from mytube or from a .desktop menu item*. They only work from the command line.

(*The menu item isn't the mplayer GUI, I mean something like "mplayer http://webcam.myhouse.org:7070")

The .26 maemo version works fine, however.

Last edited by qole; 2008-04-16 at 22:36.

Any chance of getting this in the extras repository anytime soon? It's an excellent app though I do think the actual gui could use some work. One thing I notice right off the bat is the preview of the videos is very small. I think it would look a little better if it were bit bigger. Also if you could somehow merge the bottom search bar and side bar into one across the top or bottom would save some space and make it look a bit better...maybe just have a pull down menu for options like search/download/sort whatever. I know ipod touch/iphone suck but it's actual implementation of their youtube browser is quite good. I'd like to see something similiar.

Last edited by plb; 2008-04-28 at 02:06.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
Originally Posted by plb View Post
Any chance of getting this in the extras repository anytime soon? It's an excellent app though I do think the actual gui could use some work. One thing I notice right off the bat is the preview of the videos is very small. I think it would look a little better if it were bit bigger. Also if you could somehow merge the bottom search bar and side bar into one across the top or bottom would save some space and make it look a bit better...maybe just have a pull down menu for options like search/download/sort whatever. I know ipod touch/iphone suck but it's actual implementation of their youtube browser is quite good. I'd like to see something similiar.
soon. i was between jobs, didn't got a chance to allocate the time i wanted to mYTube

The Following User Says Thank You to iancumihai For This Useful Post:
I am crazy in love with this app - it's perfect as is, great look & behavior. It's a wonderful tool for my researching of travel destinations. Thanks! <grin>

I think when the app opens it should also perhaps open the featured videos instead of just a blank window which seems kind of strange to me. I actually thought it wasn't working right at first lol

I like the way it opens now Quick and no nonsense... allowing me to pick what I want to do, usually search or saved. I'd hate having to wait for featured (or basically some other person's search results) to open.

1 addition I wwould like
to see, if possible, is to make blabla be a simple upload utility.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Originally Posted by plb View Post
I think when the app opens it should also perhaps open the featured videos instead of just a blank window which seems kind of strange to me. I actually thought it wasn't working right at first lol

No thanks. This would slow down mytube's load time. Not to mention the fact that many people find the featured videos obnoxious and unwanted viewing.

can someone help me with a quick test?

version 0.1.2 here -->
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=623
changelog
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/shownot...elease_id=1775

waiting for your bug reports

Thanks,
Mihai

Last edited by iancumihai; 2008-04-30 at 13:37.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by iancumihai View Post
can someone help me with a quick test?

version 0.1.2 here -->
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=623
changelog
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/shownot...elease_id=1775

waiting for your bug reports

Thanks,
Mihai
Great Update!! I really like the added ease of tweaking the mplayer commands and downloads. So far so good on operation. The added themes are awesome.

The only thing that isn't quite perfect is in those themes that have black buttons, the word "close" on the button appears off center because you can't see the script "x" infront of it.

I'll test it out more throughout the day and will post again if I find anything wrong. Thanks for this!!

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
The only thing that isn't quite perfect is in those themes that have black buttons, the word "close" on the button appears off center because you can't see the script "x" infront of it.
a screenshot please?
and i could use some HEEEELP with the design (themes, that Youtube transparent logo gif that has some artifacts when used with the black theme).

anyone contributing will be of great help.