Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
i have applies all the tweaks and tunings that brontide and others have posted however im trying to find out why whene i open any browser window...it takes a long time 20-30 seconds to even get the browser itself open ive searched and power searched....i use mostly mobile sites

If these sites use AJAX and or Flash heavily then it's sad but normal with microb.
Try to disable flash/javascript, close other apps, don't use many windows. these are my suggestions

Are you using adblock plus?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
20-30 seconds is too long (with a few exceptions, including this website -- it's a great website and I appreciate it, but it really has the slowest loading pages I go to).

Go to the browser menu >> Tools >> Components and list for us all the components that are checked (and thus enabled).

(For ITT, I don't use its homepage on my NIT. I bookmarked Forums and once that loads I click New Posts.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
ok i re disabled all components opens my homepage faster....there is a small window in the upper rt corner that says update...is thee a way to make that faster or disable it

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by joepagiii View Post
ok i re disabled all components opens my homepage faster....there is a small window in the upper rt corner that says update...is thee a way to make that faster or disable it
Beats me, I don't what it is. It's there on all pages or just your homepage (which is ...?)?

And you don't have to disable all components. Only some are troublesome. I'd definitely have flashblock installed and enabled.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I've been wondering what the "Updating" meant, it only appears when first opening the browser. Indeed it takes a while to start the browser but nothing like 20-30 seconds. Setting up a full 128M of virtual memory on a fast internal SD seems to help.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
20-30 seconds is too long (with a few exceptions, including this website -- it's a great website and I appreciate it, but it really has the slowest loading pages I go to).

Go to the browser menu >> Tools >> Components and list for us all the components that are checked (and thus enabled).

(For ITT, I don't use its homepage on my NIT. I bookmarked Forums and once that loads I click New Posts.)
a little suggestion for that...

my bookmark is for the forums URL like you have so i can go straight to it. but at the bottom where it has the drop-down for the forum theme, i use the "classic" theme. with it on this theme, there is no latency when loading it and the forum loads lightning fast without compromising any content. also, it does not change the theme you use when on other devices. when on my laptop, it still loads with the N810 theme. just a suggestion. its worked perfectly for me.