Active Topics

I had my N800 nicely working with DUN using a Verizon Treo 700w tethered as a Modem with Bluetooth. I had the devices paired and the connection set up as a "Data Call" and it all worked nicely. If I wanted to use an Internet connection when I was out of range of an access point, it "automagically" connected.

Then, for reasons I couldn't prevent, I switched to an AT&T (Cingular) 8525 PDA. Both run Windows Mobile, although the Treo ran WM5 and the 8525 is running WM6. I tried setting up the 8525 the same as the Treo had been with the number, username and password changed to the AT&T info:
*99#
ISP@CINGULAR.COM
CINGULAR1
(The 8525 used to be Cingular but it now has an AT&T SIM in it.)

I've tried a number of different options I found on this and other forums, but none of them work

If anyone has successfully tethered the 8525 or similar to net N800, please lset me in on the secret!

Walt

download PAN hacks for the N800 AND for your 8525 (check xga dev site for that...)
'cause PAN allows you to browse on both your phone and N800 at once, talk on phone while tethering, etc.etc...

..not sure about an AT&T SIM vs. a Cingluar SIM, but it should be the same...
You have the 20$ a month unlimited package, right??

dcarter

Yes, thanks. I've been told that AT&T would use the Cingular protocol.
The 8525 is using a "cooked" 6.1 ROM, and it has an Internet Sharing applet that shows a PC connection as "Bluetooth PAN" and a Network Connection as "Cingular GPRS".

I'll look for the PAN stuff for the N800 and try it. I haven't seen it in any of the repositories I have connected.

Edit: I'm running OS2008 and all the information I can find (shell scripts) is for OS 2007 :-(

Walt.

Last edited by walts; 2008-05-01 at 20:37.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/maemo-pan

...if you haven't found it already!

dcarter

The Following User Says Thank You to dcarter For This Useful Post:
Thank you! That's working nicely, and a whole lot less trouble than I expected!

Yeah, I agree...not bad for a WM6-Maemo hack...

I still like my (WM6)GMobileSync->GoogleCalendar<-Erminig<-GPE(Maemo)
hack the most though...

dcarter